UNECOM Interview WHAT is it Like ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntGod22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Id appreciate any feedback you could give me on what the UNECOM interview is like. I have a interview this saturday the 11th. How long is the day and is there anything I should look for or be aware of?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

AntGod,
My interview was very casual, beginning with all the interviewees and a few current students sitting around in the lounge area of the health sciences building. It dragged on for a bit, and then they started calling people in for the actual interview. You'll be assigned two or three interviewers and a time slot. I got the anatomy professor and the dean. They were very nice people, and the dean even checked my shoes at the end to make sure they would be suitable for taking a tour outside in the snow (and no, I did not ask her to do that!!). The questions were typical, check out the interview feedback page here. Personally, I felt the whole ordeal was a little unorganized, and more than half the people left before lunch was served. They said we could leave right after our interview because it was snowing and they didn't want to keep us in case it got worse. No tricks to look out for, just try to have fun, meet some people, and enjoy the views of Maine.

Best of luck on your interview!

three words for you:

HELL ON EARTH

all I will say to this is be prepared to defend any and all blemishes on your application. Don't get sucked into all these people saying "oh it will be so relaxed" because that's BS. As with any interview make sure you're prepared for the worst and best and don't make the mistake I did of taking all the optimism without a grain of salt...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont let others scare you. The interview is VERY laid back. yes, you may be asked about some blemishes on your record but just take it in stride and answer truthfully and honestly. It was not any tougher than any other interviews.

I think you will love the school. The facilities are top notch and the program is very impressive. That's why I will be a 1st year there this fall!!!

AntGod22 - I'll be there on Saturday too. I've read most of the postings on Interview Feedback and I think I'm ready for whatever they throw my way.

Any idea about the time that we'll be done? "Lunch" can mean anywhere from 12:30-1:30...

Thanks everyone for your feedback. From what I hear its laid back. My friend gradutated from uecom last year and he too said its a nice interview. I called the admissions lady and she told me that i will be done by 1:00. Which is good because then I'm leaving to go back home to queens. What is your name fellow interviewer im Anthony.