UNE COM vs ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adcolem44

Reaction score
Career goals: peds or OB/GYN, not really sure where I want to work, Michigan resident
My gut is telling me to go to ATSU, but idk If I can ignore the pass/fail grading that UNE COM has to offer

ATSU Pros:
  • I already paid my deposit
  • Slightly nicer weather
  • Cheaper cost of living
  • More established school
  • Ultrasound integrated into the curriculum
  • Two rotation sites are really close to my home in Michigan, so I could live at home the last two years (however, my home life sucks, so I might not actually want to do that)
  • I already paid my first deposit
  • The personal touch-- I got a handmade acceptance gift, a handwritten congratulations card from one of my interviewers, and they keep sending me merch. I know that's not something I should really take into consideration, but it is really nice
ATSU Cons
  • Location, middle of nowhere
  • Graded
UNE COM Pros
  • Pass/fail, and they don't rank
  • Slightly more urban, driving distance to Portland
  • Have affiliated residencies (not sure if ASTU has these but I couldn't find them)
    • Note: these are all in New England, and I'm not sure if that's where I want to end up
UNE COM Cons
  • Not sure if they have recorded lectures, with it being team-based
  • Higher cost of living
  • The campus will move from Biddeford to Portland in between my first and second years, so I'll probably have to move
  • The weather. I'm no stranger to the cold but one of my interviewers told me there's a part of the winter where they only get like 5 hours of daylight per day

Members don't see this ad.

IMO UNE with your current list of pros and cons

Reactions: 1 users