Undergrad Senior curious about PT acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSUViking21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am currently a senior at the undergraduate level and I am curious about where I stand in regard to PT school admissions. Below are my current stats and I am open to any advice or information that anyone may have. Thanks in advance

Overall GPA: 3.851
Major: Exercise Science
Prerequisites and grades:
- A&P 1: B
- A&P 2: B
- Stats: B
- General Bio 1: A
- General Bio 2: A
- General Chem 1: A
- General Chem 2: Not taken yet
- General Psychology: A-
- Abnormal Psychology: A
- Exercise Physiology 1: A
- Kinesiology: A-
- Physics 1: A-
- Physics 2: Currently enrolled

Observational Hours: 75 with plans to reach 200 before applying

GRE: Registered to take in September of 2020

Application Cycle: 2020-2021

Members don't see this ad.

Go to PTCAS and check how your stats line up to the school you wish to apply to

Go to PTCAS and check how your stats line up to the school you wish to apply to

I second this, but also, your stats are really good. Just need to score well on the GRE and get your minimum hours for whatever school(s) you're applying for. I have all A's in my prerequisites, although I might get a B in physics 2, but that's only because I've already been accepted and so don't have as much drive for putting in A-level effort.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA is fine. Keep it up.
before your take GRE, take practice tests, time yourself, and see where you stand to make sure the scores are good enough and you do not have to retake=waste more money on it. (My practice tests scores were 3-5 points higher than the real test, but it is not necessarily true for everyone).
It's better if you stop with your 75h of observations wherever you are and get another 40-ish hours in 1 or 2 (better) completely different setting/s. There is no need to do 200h in 1 setting, 75h are plenty. Schools like to see different settings (outpatient vs inpatient; ortho vs neuro, etc).

Reactions: 1 users
Your GPA is fine. Keep it up.
before your take GRE, take practice tests, time yourself, and see where you stand to make sure the scores are good enough and you do not have to retake=waste more money on it. (My practice tests scores were 3-5 points higher than the real test, but it is not necessarily true for everyone).
It's better if you stop with your 75h of observations wherever you are and get another 40-ish hours in 1 or 2 (better) completely different setting/s. There is no need to do 200h in 1 setting, 75h are plenty. Schools like to see different settings (outpatient vs inpatient; ortho vs neuro, etc).

Branching off this,I would recommend getting at least some hours in an inpatient setting. Many schools i looked at require at least one inpatient experience. Other than that gpa looks good as long as the gre is decent you’re set!

Reactions: 1 users