Undergrad Funding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fly1346

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering, anyone know of any funding available for undergrads, I work in a lab rite now, running my own project, the grad student graduated since he was MD/PhD student, and so its basically myself and my professor. I have asked my school, yet asked too late as the deadline was last month..

Any help would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, just wondering, anyone know of any funding available for undergrads, I work in a lab rite now, running my own project, the grad student graduated since he was MD/PhD student, and so its basically myself and my professor. His grant has finished, and he is looking for a new one, but in the mean time, I was wondering if its possible to get funded as an undergrad... I have asked my school, yet asked too late as the deadline was last month..

Any help would be appreciated

Depending what area your research is in, you might want to look at professional associations related to the topic you are researching (i.e. if diabetes look at AHA, if cancer related look at ACS...etc.). There are also summer programs for undergrads to do research. I can't remember any of the program names at the moment, but some support you are your home institution and others you have to do research at a specific institution. It might be too late for those as we are almost into May now. Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
I showed it to my PI...and she basically just said that it would be too much work for not that much money. However, I would still try and ask. At the very least, it shows initiative on your part.

The PI should be the one to fill the form out, since he or she already knows how to write grants and whatnot.

How do you know if your lab is "well funded" and will have a good shot? Amount of grants currently?