This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GDTBATH16

OMS-2
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone apply to this year's application cycle? Feel free to post information or questions y'all have.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hey there,

my friend is looking to apply to the MED program for next year and was wondering if people who are not considered disadvantaged are considered for the class?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi I applied to the MED program this is my first time
Has anyone applied before and was accepted? I know they said March 1st-31st they ar evaluating then answers go out April 1st I saw in previous year posts people got answers before April 1st

Members don't see this ad :)
hey there,

my friend is looking to apply to the MED program for next year and was wondering if people who are not considered disadvantaged are considered for the class?
I’m sure they consider everyone

Hi I applied to the MED program this is my first time
Has anyone applied before and was accepted? I know they said March 1st-31st they ar evaluating then answers go out April 1st I saw in previous year posts people got answers before April 1st

I’ve applied before. They usually notify by the end of March or early April.

I’ve applied before. They usually notify by the end of March or early April.

Wow, we meet again GDTBATH. After last MED cycle I decided not to apply again and straight went for MD applications. I didn’t like the reasoning behind why I was waitlisted tbh. But its an amazing, well-known program so I hope you get in! You have a stronger chance since you’ve previously applied.

Anyone heard any news yet?

Fingers crossed!!!!! Oh man, not gonna the anxiety has been killling me lol best of luck!

Fingers crossed!!!!! Oh man, not gonna the anxiety has been killling me lol best of luck!
To you too! They changed their date on their website from March 29 to sometime next week. They probably won’t be sending out notifications today.

To you too! They changed their date on their website from March 29 to sometime next week. They probably won’t be sending out notifications today.
Thanks for the update! I hate this waiting game!

Members don't see this ad :)
same here nothing yet...and waiting game continues :)

They sent out an update today- results will be sent out no later than Monday

They sent out an update today- results will be sent out no later than Monday

Thx!
Are they emailing you this info? And when you say Monday like next week??

I’m was hoping we would get decisions today. I know Monday is the latest.

I’m was hoping we would get decisions today. I know Monday is the latest.
I totally understand but time is going by somewhat fast so hopefully early Monday we all know where we’re at.

Did anyone get an email this morning?

Yeah I did. Not good news
Ima sorry me too I got rejected not sure if I should even try again. This was my first time applying. How does someone even improve their application for a summer program? Quite disheartening best of luck with future pursuits though

Ima sorry me too I got rejected not sure if I should even try again. This was my first time applying. How does someone even improve their application for a summer program? Quite disheartening best of luck with future pursuits though
did you guys get rejected or just waitlisted?

I got rejected. This is my third time applying. First two times I was waitlisted then this time I was straight up rejected. All I have had since my first time applying have been A- and As. Always an upward trend. I even have gained medical experience. I won’t be applying anymore. I’ll be studying for the MCAT for the remainder of this year. I’ll take it the beginning of next year and also apply to medical school that same summer (granted my MCAT is decent). Good luck to everyone else.
I'm sorry to hear that :( There are opportunities to sit down and discuss your application with them if that is something you'd be interested in.