UNC Fall 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an acceptance email from UNC today! Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance about half an hour ago! Feeling extremely grateful and relieved!

Reactions: 1 users
What is everyone's stats? wanted to apply but feel like I'm not competitive enough

I had the same issue, google 'unc pid' and click the first link and fill out the form.
Edited: NVM I figured it out

sorry I have a dumb question. I completed the intent to enroll form but couldn't find any link to pay the deposit. In the email it said "After completing the “Intent to Enroll” form, follow the instructions to pay your enrollment deposit." I read the intent to enroll form and found no direction on how to submit the payment.
Can you guys please help?
thank you

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What is everyone's stats? wanted to apply but feel like I'm not competitive enough
I was probably on the lower end of those who got admitted this year academically, and I was having doubts about applying too.
Undergraduate Degree: B.S. in Biology from Top 25 college. Cumulative GPA: 3.06 | Science GPA: 3.02
PCAT: Biology 73rd percentile | Chemistry 99th percentile | Critical Reading 97th percentile | Mathematics 88th percentile | Composite 98th percentile
6 months of Pharmacy Technician experience.
1 year of laboratory technician experience in a vaccine development laboratory.
4 publications (3 public health, 1 vaccine development).
1 summer working as a research assistant for a public health program in Bangladesh.
1 summer working as a laboratory technician in Bangladesh.
1 year of community service volunteering.
Miscellaneous stuff: Club Soccer (won a championship), Club Badminton, Founder and ex-President of a cultural organization, actively involved in intramural sports (no idea if that means anything or not).

I did fairly well on the interview, and I think that along with my PCAT and other experiences made up for my poor GPA. Best of luck!

Edited: NVM I figured it out

sorry I have a dumb question. I completed the intent to enroll form but couldn't find any link to pay the deposit. In the email it said "After completing the “Intent to Enroll” form, follow the instructions to pay your enrollment deposit." I read the intent to enroll form and found no direction on how to submit the payment.
Can you guys please help?
thank you

Log out and log back in- same thing happened to me :)

Also, who is planning on attending? I am!!

I will be attending! Pretty excited. I was wondering if we could actually start looking for accommodation early since it's one of those things that can really screw you over if leave it for later.

Reactions: 1 user

I will be attending! Pretty excited. I was wondering if we could actually start looking for accommodation early since it's one of those things that can really screw you over if leave it for later.

Me too. I lived in Chapel hill for a while so I kinda know the area. I'll probably move back there in July. Let me know if you have any questions about the area, I'll try my best to answer. :)

Me too. I lived in Chapel hill for a while so I kinda know the area. I'll probably move back there in July. Let me know if you have any questions about the area, I'll try my best to answer. :)
Have you guys joined the Facebook group yet? I think they sent us the URL in an email. I sent a member request to the group, but I haven't been added yet.

Best of luck to everyone who interviewed today! Hope everything went well.

I also was accepted on Wednesday!! :) I've already filled out my form. See you all in the Fall :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,
I received my invitation for Candidates' Day on Friday January 26, 2018 for the Asheville campus. Has anyone received their invitation for this date? This will be my first ever interview. Are there any tips/ advice for the MMI? How should I prepare for it? I would appreciate your help!

Just got accepted!

Hey, is anyone else on hold? I've been on hold since November and I'm super nervous. They don't give out any information about your chances of getting in if you are on hold. Is anyone in the same boat as me? Also, anyone know if there's going to be another interview date?

Hey, is anyone else on hold? I've been on hold since November and I'm super nervous. They don't give out any information about your chances of getting in if you are on hold. Is anyone in the same boat as me? Also, anyone know if there's going to be another interview date?
me ...

It’s super hard to be stuck waiting without any information coming in. I really wish they would give us an update about our chances, so I know if I should give up having Hope already. Have you tried contacting them recently?

It’s super hard to be stuck waiting without any information coming in. I really wish they would give us an update about our chances, so I know if I should give up having Hope already. Have you tried contacting them recently?
I think we hear back sometime in march. There is one for candidates day... They won't check our applications again until they have finished with the whole interview process. My friends all got accepted while they didn't apply early( all interviewed in Jan)... lol.

I think we hear back sometime in march. There is one for candidates day... They won't check our applications again until they have finished with the whole interview process. My friends all got accepted while they didn't apply early( all interviewed in Jan)... lol.

Lol I remember be so excited to go to the first interview date and now I wish I’d interviewed at a later date so I wouldn’t have to wait so long to (most likely) get rejected in the end anyway.

Lol I remember be so excited to go to the first interview date and now I wish I’d interviewed at a later date so I wouldn’t have to wait so long to (most likely) get rejected in the end anyway.
I agree with you. I was like that too. I thought applying early would gave me a higher chance lol...

I agree with you. I was like that too. I thought applying early would gave me a higher chance lol...

Yup same... I guess they just didn’t like the way I interviewed in the end. I don’t even think I did that bad in the interview, but I guess I did. It kinda sucks, though, if the only thing that held me back was my personality. Not much I can do to change that. (Also, sorry for being so negative about the whole thing, but I don’t really have anyone to talk to who’s going through the same thing I am, so I don’t really have anyone else who could understand how I feel in this situation)

Yup same... I guess they just didn’t like the way I interviewed in the end. I don’t even think I did that bad in the interview, but I guess I did. It kinda sucks, though, if the only thing that held me back was my personality. Not much I can do to change that. (Also, sorry for being so negative about the whole thing, but I don’t really have anyone to talk to who’s going through the same thing I am, so I don’t really have anyone else who could understand how I feel in this situation)
I totally know how you feel. I am a undergrad at UNC... UNC pharmacy was my dream for the past three years, but now IDK anymore. I don't think i did that well in the interview lol .... I started out with the drawing thing... which kinda ruin my mood for rest of the questions ... If you want to text/talk in private we can do that too lol.

Hey everyone!! Hope any news was good! Anyone who may need a roommate? I’m OOS and would be looking to room with other people. Definitely am somewhat social and would love someone to interact with who would watch Netflix and drink wine and eat the baked goods I make when I’m stressed. Feel free to post here or DM me!

What do you all do for fun? :)

Is anyone else still on the alternate list? I was sent an offer for asheville but I turned it down and placed myself on alternate list for chapel hill