UNC DPT 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdr99

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Haven't seen a thread for UNC specifically yet. Wanted to start stay updated on when everyone starts hearing about interviews and decisions!

Members don't see this ad.

following this, UNC is my top choice! I haven't heard anything from them yet but looking for past years they should be sending things out sometime in the next week or two!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I just got an email for an interview as well!! the link though keeps saying its expired, did it work for you?

Do you guys know if they send all their emails out at once or if they are sent out in multiple waves?

Do you guys know if they send all their emails out at once or if they are sent out in multiple waves?
I'm not totally sure, but if all of the slots are not filled (people don't respond or don't want to interview) then they could potentially send out more maybe

It seems like they didn't send out interviews to people who attended out-of-state schools tbh... My one friend is extremely qualified and got into some top programs already but haven't heard back from UNC. I would stay positive!

When I applied and I was an out of state student, I got my email on 10/20 for an interview on 11/12. It was a group interview then was split into individual rooms with faculty and students.

Reactions: 1 user
When I applied and I was an out of state student, I got my email on 10/20 for an interview on 11/12. It was a group interview then was split into individual rooms with faculty and students.
damn I guess I just didn't get an interview invite :cryi: oh well, maybe they'll send more later

damn I guess I just didn't get an interview invite :cryi: oh well, maybe they'll send more later
They may, I have several people that interviewed or didn't even get an interview request for UNC and they had much higher and better stats than I did.

Not yet, I'm still waiting to get the schedule and everything. I imagine they'll send it later this week or so!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they said they would send out by tomorrow hopefully!

anyone else feeling a little nervous about having two interviews? I think the panels will be good and I am looking forward to them, but i'm not sure what to expect from two interviews, like will they ask the same questions, or different? super excited though!

anyone else feeling a little nervous about having two interviews? I think the panels will be good and I am looking forward to them, but i'm not sure what to expect from two interviews, like will they ask the same questions, or different? super excited though!
I was definitely nervous when I saw that lol. I am honestly not sure what to expect but I am guessing that maybe one is a group interview and one is an individual interview. Very excited!!

Did anyone else request an in-person interview but get virtual? Or vice versa?

I was definitely nervous when I saw that lol. I am honestly not sure what to expect but I am guessing that maybe one is a group interview and one is an individual interview. Very excited!!
WCU will be a group interview and UNC will start individually with faculty and then move to a panel with a first/second year and then either a third year or a residency person. That's how mine went last year so take it with a grain of salt.

I haven't either, I think I remember some of the students saying it took 2/3 weeks, but I'm not sure if that included Thanksgiving Break or not. Hopefully we hear back soon!

I saw someone on reddit said they heard back from UNC today, can anyone confirm?

i got in!! got an email around 1 pm that there was a status change to my application!! will be attending in the fall!!

Reactions: 1 user
For those that heard back from UNC - were you all in interview group 1 and did anyone get waitlisted/denied? Curious if they only sent out letters to those that got accepted or if they are just sending things out by interview groups.

For those that heard back from UNC - were you all in interview group 1 and did anyone get waitlisted/denied? Curious if they only sent out letters to those that got accepted or if they are just sending things out by interview groups.
I was in 5A, but haven’t heard anything either way yet so assuming a waitlist/denial at this point

A friend of mine was in group 2 and got in, another was in group 1-B and got in and someone in Group 3 has not heard anything/ assuming a denial.

For those of you that were acccepted, did they mention a deadline to accept the offer? I’m on the waitlist and would love to hear any information about when it might start to move.

For those of you that were acccepted, did they mention a deadline to accept the offer? I’m on the waitlist and would love to hear any information about when it might start to move.
We have to accept by January 15 at 11:59

Anyone accepted and know that they’re declining/already declined? On the waitlist and looking forward to the updates this month!

Have you guys heard anything about scholarship emails yet? Thinking they should go out soon maybe!