UNC ASOD Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Yeah, though they’re really not the greatest lol. GPA: 3.33, DAT AA: 19 - 22s in Orgo and RC, close to 100 hours each of volunteering and shadowing, ~900 hours of research and still going + one publication
I was also waitlisted last year but I don’t think that matters much this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who got accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed back in October but didn’t get accepted or rejected yet. Just curious! Thanks :) & good luck to those still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, though they’re really not the greatest lol. GPA: 3.33, DAT AA: 19 - 22s in Orgo and RC, close to 100 hours each of volunteering and shadowing, ~900 hours of research and still going + one publication
Thanks for sharing! Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
So no more interview invites going out for the January date?

Is there anyone we can reach out to about the link? I emailed Carolyn Oakes but she won't be back in the office till 01/04/2021.

When is the deposit due date for those who received acceptance?

Does anyone know when UNC typically sends out rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone ever get through with the phone calls about the expired survey links?

Good luck to everyone! Usually, one of your interviewers will give you a phone call notifying you of an acceptance. To my knowledge, usually no rejections go out yet.

Happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge regarding the program!
I still have not received a call or email. My decision status on my ADEA portal has said "Received/Under Review" for over 2 months now. It is Jan 6, 2021, and I did not know if anyone would have insight when I might be contacted now in January. It's been months since I applied with no change since I submitted my application and supplemental application. I know a lot is going on with Covid, but thought I would have has some contact by now. Is anyone else in this boat?

I still have not received a call or email. My decision status on my ADEA portal has said "Received/Under Review" for over 2 months now. It is Jan 6, 2021, and I did not know if anyone would have insight when I might be contacted now in January. It's been months since I applied with no change since I submitted my application and supplemental application. I know a lot is going on with Covid, but thought I would have has some contact by now. Is anyone else in this boat?

It seems that their last interview date is Jan 9th (this Saturday). I would imagine if you haven't heard anything yet then you likely will not be receiving an interview.

Do we think they'll get back to us before the Jan 15 deadline for those of us who have interviewed but no word back yet?

Do we think they'll get back to us before the Jan 15 deadline for those of us who have interviewed but no word back yet?
Possibly but it could be closer to end of Jan. Their email said the committee will meet after the last interview day and finalize the rest of the class.

Since they've already sent out interview invites for the last interview date this cycle, you will not be receiving an interview invite. I'm not sure if/when UNC sends out rejection letters though

Hey everyone! Current D1 at UNC. Last year I interviewed in January and was accepted a week after. And those who did not hear back in December were notified that day as well if they were accepted. I believe those that were waitlisted or rejected heard back a few days after that. Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Those who interviewed today, did they say anything about when you’ll hear back?

I was told by a good source that the next round of acceptances will be sent out on January 22nd.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how many people interviewed on Saturday/how many spots are available?

Does anyone know how many people interviewed on Saturday/how many spots are available?
There were around 60 between the morning and afternoon sessions, and one of my interviewers didn’t give a specific number but said they had few spots. After Friday I would say 15-20 spots at most, and that’s being generous tbh. Last year at the time of the Jan. Interview there were 22 spots I believe, since the interview was past the deadline and people had already turned down their spots.

if we are OOS should we expect to hear a rejection :(

Last year there were 22 at the time of the January interview, so maybe around there? Possibly less though
Okay but why did they interview 60 people in January is my question if they only anticipate 20 seats available post December. Not to mention the many interviewees pre December who weren’t accepted yet.

Okay but why did they interview 60 people in January is my question if they only anticipate 20 seats available post December. Not to mention the many interviewees pre December who weren’t accepted yet.
To be frank the number of spots available doesn’t really correlate to how many interviews they give. Last year there were about 40 ppl at the January interviews with 22 spots open, this year 60ish with xx spots open. Schools interview significantly more people than they are going to accept, that’s just how it is.

To be frank the number of spots available doesn’t really correlate to how many interviews they give. Last year there were about 40 ppl at the January interviews with 22 spots open, this year 60ish with xx spots open. Schools interview significantly more people than they are going to accept, that’s just how it is.
Ya I get that but it just seems unnecessary.

did everyone who interviewed in January get the email last night?

do you think we may still here something today since the email said “the committee will be meeting very soon”?

Well I think that’s just a stock email from their last November date, but it’s possible we gotta wait till next week.
I didn’t get that email but I interviewed in October. What did it say?