UMN (IS) vs. Iowa (OOS) vs. Michigan (OOS) vs. ASDOH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental.alice

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into the University of MN, Michigan, Iowa, and ASDOH on Dec 1 (yesterday), and I am struggling to decide between schools. Two important factors that I am considering is the cost between the schools and the pass rates of INBDE/NBDE. Does anyone know where I could find those rates of the 4 schools listed above? I wanted a quantitative comparison to get a better idea of how prepared the curriculum at each of those schools prepare students for those exams. Thank you in advance for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptances. Honestly, I would not consider pass rates a factor for choosing a dental school. All the schools will prepare you to pass the boards and licensure exams. The exams are not particularly difficult. Cost and location are significant factors for choosing a dental school.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on your acceptances. Honestly, I would not consider pass rates a factor for choosing a dental school. All the schools will prepare you to pass the boards and licensure exams. The exams are not particularly difficult. Cost and location are significant factors for choosing a dental school.
Thank you for your insight! Would you say that specific schools will prepare more opportunities to specialize? I realize that most of it is up to the individual student, but wasn't sure if I should also take that into consideration... There are a ton of people telling me to go to MN since I can get in-state tuition, but I am so torn because I loved Iowa when I visited...