UMN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please ppl isnt there anyone who can answer my query..do umn people send rejections to permanent address which is outside the united states or they prefer address which are within the united states and we have mentioned that we can contact them to send any information..

Members don't see this ad.

Here are stats are GPA: 2.98, NBDE Part 1: Pass, TOEFL:104 I have done a residency in dental public health. I am currently involved with short term dental outreaches in developing countries

Hi..May I know where have u done this dental public health residency program..I havent heard of anything like that..so wanted to gain more info..And also can u pleez let me know when did u get the interview letter i mean what date..and what date are u taking an interview..do they have one more batch of interviews left..coz the other person sam99 who is going for an interview has it on12th dec..I hope there is an interview call for me too..

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call today but I already got acceptance from another school so I did not accept it. But I think UMN has one of the top programs in the East!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info..hope they send one to me too..didnt get anything yet..

I got the call today but I already got acceptance from another school so I did not accept it. But I think UMN has one of the top programs in the East!

Hi Azool 61,

When was your interview?

My interviw was on Oct 17 and they called me to tell me I was accepted on Nov 21

I wonder if they are sending any more interview calls as i didnt even get a rejection letter from them yet..Start of a new week and i hope i get some good news from umn atleast now..god i never knew this wait was so nerve wrecking..i have a feeling there will be no more interview calls but still hoping for a miracle as I dont even have a rej letter to think otherwise...

Do u guys think i should contact ms janet as its been 6 weeks since i send my application or it might reduce my chances of getting an iv call.i think umn has already send its iv invites and my rej letter might have got lost in the mail..its a possibility with my tons of badluck coming into play..

Last edited:
Any update about umn..i have 2 more weeks left to keep my hopes flying high for umn coz didnt get a rej letter yet..i so wish to get into this university..it will always be my dream school..and i hope my dream becomes a reality at the end of these 2 weeks..fingers crossed..

hey Being Human, did u finally hear from UMN?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah sorry to hear that, but dont be disheartened, maybe there are better things for you in store.Keep the Faith !

Thanx for the good wishes..i really do hope of getting in somewhere this year..this application process is too tiring to go through it again for the next year..

Hang in ther Being Human. I got a rejection after the interview. I was really sad too, but then I thought things happen for a reason. You will get into something, and do not ever give up hope. Look in your application and see what else can you improve on. Good luck to those who are going to have their interview this week.

hey Deepika, sorry to hear that.If i may ask, when did u interview?

All those who were interviewed today..do you guys have any information on when the results will be announced? Could you please let us know

All those who were interviewed today..do you guys have any information on when the results will be announced? Could you please let us know
As guesswhos said, could you please let us know. And, to the Wait listed fellows (after being interviewed), have you received any response form MNU ??? Good luck to everyone & hope this stressful waiting will end up soon

Are they done with all the ivs for the 2013 cycle? any input will be greatly appreciated

Is there anyone who is wait listed after the interview or anyone who has received "no final decision has been taken, however we are impressed with your credentials and will review your application for a final decision at a later date" ??

Is there anyone who is wait listed after the interview or anyone who has received "no final decision has been taken, however we are impressed with your credentials and will review your application for a final decision at a later date" ??
Yes, I've received this letter & haven't heard anything yet. Are you in the same situation?

Yes, I've received this letter & haven't heard anything yet. Are you in the same situation?

Sorry Alex dentist for replying late. Yes, I am in the same situation:scared::luck::luck::xf:

me too

hi friends...those who are wait listed at this school,please post here so that we can have an idea how many are in waiting list...thanks

Alex dentist and redzone 555.... any change in your status from UMN?
Yea I actly got into the waiting list quite a while before, but havent heard since...waiting for my phone to ring every day and get a good news...but nothing seems to be happening :(

HI guys, according to what I know, the 11 seats at UMN have been filled. They keep the waitlist until the start date which is at the end of March, as people do shuffle before the start date. I do not have any idea if any of the other students have plans to shuffle or not, so I cannot comment on that, however, there are 4 tuition deposits before the start date, so if anyone does shuffle they will be forfeiting part of their tuition. I hope that clarifies what is going on right now.

Alex dentist and redzone 555.... any change in your status from UMN?
Hi there, Sorry Guesswhos for replying late, yes I got this waiting list letter quite a while ago, but haven't heard any new since. I think it's over .... what about you?

Hi Redzone 555, Alex dentist

Almost after 2 months of receiving a "no decision has been made letter", I finally got a rejection letter. All the best with your wait list status :) I hope you guys get in :)

Last edited:
Hi there, Sorry Guesswhos for replying late, yes I got this waiting list letter quite a while ago, but haven't heard any new since. I think it's over .... what about you?
I am thinking its over too, as sam99 said there are 4 deposits till march, I hardly think anyone will backout after that :(

Hi Redzone 555,

Almost after 2 months of receiving a "no decision has been made letter", I finally got a rejection letter. All the best with your wait list status :) I hope you get in :)

I feel very sorry for you guesswhos, dont worry a better school is definitely waiting for u out there, just be patient...thanks for ur best wishes, but as i said i dont think there is any hope for waitlisted candidates coz of 4 deposits...anyways hope this time gets thru quickly for all of us and we also get the chance of proudly posting we have been accepted atleast somewehre :thumbup:

I feel very sorry for you guesswhos, dont worry a better school is definitely waiting for u out there, just be patient...thanks for ur best wishes, but as i said i dont think there is any hope for waitlisted candidates coz of 4 deposits...anyways hope this time gets thru quickly for all of us and we also get the chance of proudly posting we have been accepted atleast somewehre :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for your support redzone 555...I do hope I get into a school this year... BTW, there is always a chance for people on waiting list..you never know you might get lucky :luck: