UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSZ3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone start looking at housing yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I checked out websites of the appartments nearby, but I think I am going to wait until after the Accepted Students' Day before seriously considering places.

At accepted students day they give you a packet of area housing with prices and amenities. Many students seem to live in Echelon Glen or the Village in Voorhees. Some live at the Landings or Stonington Court. I live in a complex about 9 blocks from school, decent rent, quiet, clean... no dishwasher though. Affordable if you want to live alone. PM me if you have questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was just accepted - I can't wait to meet everyone!

A friend of mine is starting RWJMS-UMDNJ next August, and he was just informed that iPod Touch is now requried. Anyone heard anything like this regarding SOM?

By the way, just FYI, a Facebook group for UMDNJ-SOM Class 2013 has been up and running for a while now. So far, we only have 36 members, so I am assuming many people are not in yet, even if class is not full. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join!:D

There are brand new places going up at Echelon Mall, which is now called the Voorhees Town Center. You may also want to consider a condo in the current market since you'll get $8K tax break this year and prices have fallen greatly. If it were me doing it all over I'd get a condo and find a couple roommates to pay my mortgage!

If you're considering Echelon Glen or the Village check out the brand new places at Voorhees Town Center first and haggle your rent big time with Echelon or the Village.

Does anyone know if UMDNJ-SOM has SSI and/or PSA chapters? I assume they do since these are both national organizations, but I have not seen them being mentioned anywhere...

hey everyone,
who would be interested in hiking the AT for a week or two after june 20th? I was thinking about starting in tenn or N.C.

I know its random, just bored at work...

Hey Guys,

Congrats on everyone getting in, my roommate and I are finishing up our first year and would like to get the word out on our house that we're currently living in now. We're leaving to get a bigger place with one other student so we told our landlord that we'd extend the invite to any of the first years looking for housing that our current house will be available. Like i said we're one block from campus so we walk to campus and didn't have to buy parking permits for campus. Any other questions feel free to message me and I can get you some pics and more info.

Take care

Hi guys,
I am leaving my room at the University Centre in Newark and I am leaving my room early so it is available to rent for the summer! My lease is until Aug 13 and is available from today. This is perfect for someone just spending the summer here or to live in while looking for more permanent housing. Additionally, if you like it here at the UC, you could renew your lease for the year! Perfect for students or residents, it's fully furnished and has many students living here already. Please check out my craigslist posting and thank you for your time!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/roo/1194364937.html