UMDNJ Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know that some DO schools have two. PCOM's second deposit is due April 15th, as per their website: "All accepted candidates are required to remit a $2000 non-refundable deposit by April 15th."

Hence why I was asking when UMDNJ asks for another deposit. But then I went ahead and contacted them and they said they don't have a second one. Yippie!

Thanks for taking the time to respond! :thumbup:

No prob! Another plus for UMDNJ.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
per the admission office, all the call from this round went out today

i got a call at 3:50... In case anyone is wondering, stats are 3.1/34.

Hi everyone, I'm new to SDN. I received my acceptance call today around 4pm! I'm so happy!

Interview Invite today - March 7th! Very excited!! OOS applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from Paula Friday :D also offered a scholarship!! Very excited!!!

Wow you got a scholarship!!?? Thats awesome!! :thumbup: Were you just offered one or did you have to apply for it?

still havnt heard about an interview, anyone have knowledge on these timelines?

I received an Interview Invite. anybody have an idea how many seats are still available?

I received an Interview Invite. anybody have an idea how many seats are still available?

When is your interview? I interviewed last cycle at the end of March and at that point there were only 5 seats left.

:( I got put on the alternate list, does the list get any movement this early?

Hey everyone I had a quick question...Just got accepted into UMDNJ-SOM class of 2016:)D), and wanted to know if the school is affiliated with sigma sigma phi. Currently, we are not listed as one of the chapters on the ssp website, but I wanted to know if we were still eligible for membership?

When is your interview? I interviewed last cycle at the end of March and at that point there were only 5 seats left.
Interviewed last week.... hopefully there's more than 5 seats available! 3.7/29/IS think I have a good shot?

A lot of people are still interviewing for spots it seems, up until April. We will probably begin to see a lot of waitlist movement after May 15.

Last edited:
i overhead something on interview day about 80% of applicants being waitlisted at this point...has anyone heard about this as well

Hey! I am an OOS applicant, just received an interview offer but can't make it up to NJ till the April 5th interview date (which I believe is the LAST interview date) .... any idea on how full the class is/ how competitive OOS admission is?!?!

Any interview tips from those who have already been accepted???

Im coming from Florida, and REALLY hope to move to Stratford to start Fall 2012! (fingers crossed)

Has anyone got a call yet today?

Yea anyone get a call i figured they would have gone out by now but nobody has posted yet saying they did

I got a call around 4:15..........I'm in! Ahhhhhh!!! I haven't even processed it yet. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

I got a call around 4:15..........I'm in! Ahhhhhh!!! I haven't even processed it yet. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats!!! No love for me. I was kind of hoping no one was called and they were waiting until monday, but I suppose that's not realistic haha. When did you interview?

Congrats!!! No love for me. I was kind of hoping no one was called and they were waiting until monday, but I suppose that's not realistic haha. When did you interview?
Thank you!! Maybe some more calls will go out Monday. I interviewed on 2/28.

I have no idea what the percentages are, but all UMDNJ schools favor in state students greatly. I don't think the SOM releases these numbers, but for the allopathic schools, about 10 OOS students matriculate in classes of about 175. This is out of 2500 OOS applicants, so the answer is - really really low.

The good thing about UMDNJ schools are that they allow in state tuition after one year, so it ends up being a deal if you do get accepted.

This is bull based on the cib. 75% are in state.

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Today the Dean said they were at 158 students and were looking for a class of 162.

Anyone know when the waitlist is ranked?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully the waitlist starts moving soon for those of you who are still waiting! Best of luck to everyone!! :)

I believe it's ranked every month, but I could be wrong...I can try to check for you (about when it's ranked/how often), I'm a 2nd year student at SOM. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need any advice. It's a great school, I love it.

I believe it's ranked everytime the admissions committee meets which is once a month.

is the waitlist ranked strictly objectively based on stats (gpa/mcat)?... or also subjectively based on the adcom meetings?

I ask because what else can one do to move up the waitlist if improving gpa/mcat is not possible at this point? ie. additional LORs, showing intent to attend, or other actions

Has anyone recently been invited for an interview here? And do you know when their last date for interviews and invites will be?
Thanks! Best of luck to everyone!

Just withdrew my acceptance to attend a school closer to home. I wish all of you guys the best!

I go here, the number is 85%, 19% of which are considered south jersey residents. THey pride themselves on providing NJ with their doctors who actually stay in NJ.

Hey- the waitlist is created based on a score of intagibles+ tangibles+ interview score. The only thing you can really change is your Cumulative GPA or your mcat, because that is the tanglible stuff. You can send in letters of rec or letters of interest, but the numbers is what will move you on the list. I hope this was helpful :)

There are PM&R residencies opening in Kennedy, and we are working with Atlantic Hudson for our rotations in North jersey

does anyone know what the percentage of people normally make it off the waitlist? i was given a particular number and was wondering what my chances will actually be

I withdrew today. Got into my top choice off the alternate list. I wish everyone the best! :D

Anyone know if/how you can defer your acceptance till the next year? I'm working on a Master's thesis right now and I don't think I'll be finished by August. :(
'

Anyone know if/how you can defer your acceptance till the next year? I'm working on a Master's thesis right now and I don't think I'll be finished by August. :(
'

Contact Paula, leave a message if no one answers

Accepted off the waitlist!! :)

To everyone on the waitlist, I was told the only thing that can change your position is MCAT/GPA. That being said, if you have updates to either of those you should submit them immediately. My GPA update put me right at the top of the list (From the middle)

Good luck! See you guys in August!

Accepted off the waitlist!! :)

To everyone on the waitlist, I was told the only thing that can change your position is MCAT/GPA. That being said, if you have updates to either of those you should submit them immediately. My GPA update put me right at the top of the list (From the middle)

Good luck! See you guys in August!

Congratulations!!!!!!