UMDNJ-COM or KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhubiophysics

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, is there an advice about where to go. UMDNJ-COM or KCOM.

Many thanks

Members don't see this ad.

KCOM KCOM KCOM!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

KCOM

No doubt

have you been accepted at any of these?

Members don't see this ad :)
- If you're an attractive female, please pick KCOM.

- If you're an attractive male, please pick UMDNJ-COM.

- If you're neither, please kill yourself.

;) I'm sorry - I've been feeling a little silly today. There's some good advice and a couple of strong plugs for KCOM on this thread:

http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65442

I think KCOM has a slightly better reputation, but I was rejected by UMDNJ and accepted by KCOM so take that for whatever it's worth. I'm definitely one of those people that believes you should listen to your heart, not your head.

Here's a good quote from Sigmund Freud for you:

When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons. In vital matters, however, such as the choice of a mate or a profession, the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves. In the important decisions of personal life, we should be governed, I think, by the deep inner needs of our nature.

Originally posted by ramsestiger
- If you're an attractive female, please pick KCOM.

- If you're an attractive male, please pick UMDNJ-COM.

- If you're neither, please kill yourself.

;) I'm sorry - I've been feeling a little silly today. There's some good advice and a couple of strong plugs for KCOM on this thread:

http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65442

I think KCOM has a slightly better reputation, but I was rejected by UMDNJ and accepted by KCOM so take that for whatever it's worth. I'm definitely one of those people that believes you should listen to your heart, not your head.

Here's a good quote from Sigmund Freud for you:

When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons. In vital matters, however, such as the choice of a mate or a profession, the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves. In the important decisions of personal life, we should be governed, I think, by the deep inner needs of our nature.

Looks like you make decisions with you phallus - you truly are a Freudian!

On a serious note...KCOM is the gold standard of osteopathic medical schools. Period.

Since none of my esteemed classmates seem to be around, I'll just throw some support toward UMDNJ-SOM.

SOM is regarded as one of the most academic of the DO schools. We have many good lecturers, quite a few fantastic ones, and very few horrible ones. I thought that the basic sciences were (mostly) well taught, and I'm also pretty well satisfied with most of my rotations so far.

The which always stands out in my mind, however, is the friendliness of the students and staff. That was one of the first things that I noticed when I came for my interview. All of the interviewees (all of whom are in my class now) came out of the interview room muttering "They're so nice... they're so nice..." It's a good place to go to school.

The only thing when KCOM might (almost certainly does) have over SOM is OMT. We have some really enthusiastic attendings who love to teach it... but unless you're really motivated, you'll probably end up just skating by like everyone else. We learn it, but we could probably stand to learn it a little better. We manage, though.

If you're in-state, there's no question. SOM all the way! Turn down in-state tuition? Are you out of your mind? :)

If you have any questions, let me know.

Paige

Originally posted by rbassdo

On a serious note...KCOM is the gold standard of osteopathic medical schools. Period.

Well said.