UMD vs USC vs Drexel pls help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaim10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm deciding between these three and feel very conflicted. Any advice or opinions are very much appreciated. Thank you!

U Maryland: (fairly) well ranked, famous Shock/Trauma center, working with a diverse population, in state tuition!

U Southern California: amazing weather, absolutely love LA, best ranked of the three schools, finance's family is all in LA

Drexel: most of my friends and a lot of my family are in the Philly area (including my fiancé), I like Philly a lot, I wouldn't have to move bc I'm currently living in Philly

Obviously, USC and Drexel would be by far the most expensive. I'm having a really tough time deciding between these schools :/. If I went to UMD or USC, my fiancé would try to move to where I am. But we'd likely have to live apart for awhile until he could get a new job.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm deciding between these three and feel very conflicted. Any advice or opinions are very much appreciated. Thank you!

U Maryland: (fairly) well ranked, famous Shock/Trauma center, working with a diverse population, in state tuition!

U Southern California: amazing weather, absolutely love LA, best ranked of the three schools, finance's family is all in LA

Drexel: most of my friends and a lot of my family are in the Philly area (including my fiancé), I like Philly a lot, I wouldn't have to move bc I'm currently living in Philly

Obviously, USC and Drexel would be by far the most expensive. I'm having a really tough time deciding between these schools :/. If I went to UMD or USC, my fiancé would try to move to where I am. But we'd likely have to live apart for awhile until he could get a new job.

I think having family around is really important, but that's just me. It's all about what your priorities are. If you can afford the tuition at a place like Drexel and stay near family, that is hard to pass up. You'll be fine no matter what. Those are great schools. Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest this should only really be between UMD and Drexel. If I were in your shoes USC wouldn't even be a thought in my mind, due to it being so far away and being somewhat near family seems important to you. UMD tuition is absolutely amazing and you have your family nearby Drexel. So out of those two schools, which did you get the best gut vibe at? My personal opinion would be UMD. You can always drive home on the weekends, its only two hours. I'm in the same boat with UCLA ~2 hr drive from my home.

Reactions: 1 user
To be honest this should only really be between UMD and Drexel. If I were in your shoes USC wouldn't even be a thought in my mind, due to it being so far away and being somewhat near family seems important to you. UMD tuition is absolutely amazing and you have your family nearby Drexel. So out of those two schools, which did you get the best gut vibe at? My personal opinion would be UMD. You can always drive home on the weekends, its only two hours. I'm in the same boat with UCLA ~2 hr drive from my home.
Yeah, in the back of my mind I know that you're absolutely right. So I am definitely leaning towards Maryland at this point. I got a good vibe from both Maryland and Drexel, but marylands facilities are much nicer!

Yeah, in the back of my mind I know that you're absolutely right. So I am definitely leaning towards Maryland at this point. I got a good vibe from both Maryland and Drexel, but marylands facilities are much nicer!

Glad I could help. Congrats on your multiple acceptances too by the way, very impressive!