This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt_7

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just interviewed for the University of Miami's DPT program on 10/16 and wanted to open this thread to hear from anyone else who is applying or has already been accepted. Feel free to ask any questions if you're still waiting for an interview and if you've already been accepted, please keep us posted on when you got the news and if there's a DPT Facebook group for the class of 2024 yet. Just because I know some of you will ask, here are my stats ( V:154 Q:153 AW:4.5, GPA 3.4 & prereq GPA 3.6, 150 hours in 3 different settings and I currently work as a physical therapy tech)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I just interviewed for the University of Miami's DPT program on 10/16 and wanted to open this thread to hear from anyone else who is applying or has already been accepted. Feel free to ask any questions if you're still waiting for an interview and if you've already been accepted, please keep us posted on when you got the news and if there's a DPT Facebook group for the class of 2024 yet. Just because I know some of you will ask, here are my stats ( V:154 Q:153 AW:4.5, GPA 3.4 & prereq GPA 3.6, 150 hours in 3 different settings and I currently work as a physical therapy tech)
Congrats on the interview! I have my interview on the 30th. How would you say the process was? Were the interviews conversational? What kind of questions were you asked?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the interview! I have my interview on the 30th. How would you say the process was? Were the interviews conversational? What kind of questions were you asked?

It was definitely conversational and relaxing like every other forum has said. This year they'll break everyone out into rooms where you'll get to ask admissions members and students questions in separate zooms. My advice is introduce yourself and speak out to get rid of the nerves quickly. Get the first question out of the way, but save your very best, most thoughtful questions for the interviewer. Relax as much as you can because the interviewer will focus on your application and ask about how you fit into the program. It is very much a conversation. Think about the kinds of things they'd be curious about from your application and prepare general themes you'll get into, but don't *rehearse* your answers. Be natural and you'll do great!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

congratulations on the interview!
when did you apply ? I finished applying in 8/17 , and I still have not been emailed for an interview
So far all I have received is that admissions is reviewing my app, and that they received my supplemental fee.

congratulations on the interview!
when did you apply ? I finished applying in 8/17 , and I still have not been emailed for an interview
So far all I have received is that admissions is reviewing my app, and that they received my supplemental fee.
I applied mid july and had my interview today. It's probably going to take them some time to go through apps. Best of luck!

I applied mid july and had my interview today. It's probably going to take them some time to go through apps. Best of luck!

that’s awesome ! Congratulations on the interview, I’m sure it all went well :)

Any one have any updates on if they are doing more interviews throughout November?
(I submitted mid August and am hoping that all the interviews conducted so far were from July applicants...very nervous) :/

Any one have any updates on if they are doing more interviews throughout November?
(I submitted mid August and am hoping that all the interviews conducted so far were from July applicants...very nervous) :/
I know a few people interviewing mid November. Idk when they submitted their apps though

Hey all!

I interviewed on 10/30. I know it is too early, but does anyone know when emails with acceptances, waitlist positions, and rejection will be sent out for those that already interviewed?

Hey all!

I interviewed on 10/30. I know it is too early, but does anyone know when emails with acceptances, waitlist positions, and rejection will be sent out for those that already interviewed?
I interviewed on 10/23 and still haven’t heard. I think it just depends, they are rolling so it can be anytime

I submitted my app at the end of August, and have an interview on 11/13!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance today for UM! Best of luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Also received my acceptance today after interviewing on 10/30. Good luck everyone! :)

Also received my acceptance today after interviewing on 10/30. Good luck everyone! :)
Congratulations! I also interviewed on 10/30 hopefully I get one too.

Congratulations! I also interviewed on 10/30 hopefully I get one too.
During my interview they said we could hear back anywhere between today and March 1st, so I wouldn’t worry!

During my interview they said we could hear back anywhere between today and March 1st, so I wouldn’t worry!
You are definitely right, there is plenty of time=) . I just worry too much lol. If you don't mind me asking, do you know how many members are in the facebook group? I am trying to guestimate how many seats are left.

You are definitely right, there is plenty of time=) . I just worry too much lol. If you don't mind me asking, do you know how many members are in the facebook group? I am trying to guestimate how many seats are left.
I’m not in the Facebook group yet, but I’ll definitely let you know when I join it!

I applied around October 1st. When will they send out interviews for people that applied around October?

I applied around October 1st. When will they send out interviews for people that applied around October?
Somebody on a different UM thread applied October 13th and got an invite for an interview this past Wednesday. So, I don't know how they are looking at applications, but I haven't heard back and I applied on October 15th.

Is anyone interviewing in January? My interview is scheduled for then but it seems like most of the interviews will have been done by then. Getting a little nervous about the time frame!

Is anyone interviewing in January? My interview is scheduled for then but it seems like most of the interviews will have been done by then. Getting a little nervous about the time frame!
Yeah mine is for the 15th of January

I wouldn’t be too nervous! I know someone in the program now who had their interview in Jan/Feb

Was just invited to interview in January! So so so excited!

Hi everyone! I was accepted into the University of Miami a few weeks ago! Is there anyone who is looking for someone to live with if they are accepted already?!

Hi everyone! I was accepted into the University of Miami a few weeks ago! Is there anyone who is looking for someone to live with if they are accepted already?!
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what day was your interview and your application stats?

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what day was your interview and your application stats?
Thank you! I interviewed on October 16th! I have a GPA of 3.77 and pre-req of 3.7. I am also president of gerontology club, Vice President of kinesiology club, chair of pre-physical therapy club and teach A&P 1 & 2 and Advanced Human Anatomy Cadaver Lab Based. As well as other things!

Thank you! I interviewed on October 16th! I have a GPA of 3.77 and pre-req of 3.7. I am also president of gerontology club, Vice President of kinesiology club, chair of pre-physical therapy club and teach A&P 1 & 2 and Advanced Human Anatomy Cadaver Lab Based. As well as other things!
Dude...... well earned. Your application is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing and again congrats =)

I interviewed on Nov 13 and made a call to Jhelane 3.5 weeks after to see what the status of the decisions were (she was friendly and the conversation was brief). She said that the committee was going to sit down and go over the applicants so far on the 11th of Dec and that I may hear back the week of Dec13-Dec18 —and if no word comes this week to wait until March. I haven’t heard back yet but does anyone have any good news? 😁

I interviewed on Nov 13 and made a call to Jhelane 3.5 weeks after to see what the status of the decisions were (she was friendly and the conversation was brief). She said that the committee was going to sit down and go over the applicants so far on the 11th of Dec and that I may hear back the week of Dec13-Dec18 —and if no word comes this week to wait until March. I haven’t heard back yet but does anyone have any good news? 😁

I got called three days ago, or so, with an acceptance.

I turned down my space at Miami a little while ago. I hope that makes a good Xmas gift for one of you.

Guys the facebook group is up. As of now 1/18/21, there is 24 members. 22 students and also admissions officers Greg and Jhelane. There is still room!

Reactions: 5 users
Just received my acceptance from UM today after interviewing the 15th. I will be attending good luck to everyone!

Just received my acceptance from UM today after interviewing the 15th. I will be attending good luck to everyone!
Congratulations on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview experience for you?

Congratulations on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview experience for you?

So, going in I was told that they look over your application and ask you about that but my interviewer did not look at my application at all so I kinda just told her about myself. She asked some basic questions why um, why should we pick you,strength & weaknesses. Overall it was really chill and they had like a tour of the school, q&a and that was it.

I also received an acceptance on Friday after interviewing on Jan 15th. I echo what vdg13 said above.