Ultrasound machines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Ice

Attending
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase an ultrasound machine. Have met with two reps..one for sonosite and the other Ge. Had some time to use M turbo from sonosite and Logiq V2 from GE. Also considering the edge II from sonosite but a little out of my price range. Does anyone have any good insight into any of these units? I kind of like the smaller probe that GE offers but sonosite seems to be the market leader for msk ultrasound.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Are you using the U/S for diagnosis and billing for it? Also are you doing any complicated procedures like stellate ganglion blocks and medial branch blocks?
If you are using the u/s mostly for needle guidance and basic diagnosis I highly recommend Philips Lumify. Very portable, if you have a screen in your room you can chrome cast it. they used to have a 30 day return policy and a month to month lease. Easy to transfer images to your EMR.

Are you using the U/S for diagnosis and billing for it? Also are you doing any complicated procedures like stellate ganglion blocks and medial branch blocks?
If you are using the u/s mostly for needle guidance and basic diagnosis I highly recommend Philips Lumify. Very portable, if you have a screen in your room you can chrome cast it. they used to have a 30 day return policy and a month to month lease. Easy to transfer images to your EMR.
Thanks for the reply. I will be using it for more basic interventions ..tendons, joints, aspirations, maybe hydrodisections. I think my practice would prefer to use these two vendors because of relationships. Do you have any insight into any of the three units mentioned?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have used the GE and they are excellent but bulky. For what you are going to be doing they are all adequate and easy to use.

sonosite m-turbo will be retired, edge is the future replacement for those units.
Unless GE is giving you a great deal, usually sonosite is best cost:benefit ratio

Yes. the GE ultrasound machines have been almost a standard around our small hospital in Idaho. Usually there are a lot of people that request them.

Sometimes we purchase them new through our GE distributor. But other times we can get the equipment used, if we can find them online anywhere. The last time we found a solid GE ultrasound machine was from the medical auctions at Mazree.com. That was just last year. So, happy hunting.