Ultimate Path job-4 teh win

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Description:
Napa Pathology Medical Associates, Inc. is recruiting a fulltime pathologist to start July 1, 2005. We are located within a hospital setting in the world renowned Napa Valley, one hour drive north of San Francisco.
The practice supports a 179 bed acute hospital with combined anatomical and clinical pathology services and an outpatient practice that serves the community physicians. Currently, we handle approximately 7000 surgicals and 7000 pap smears per year, many bone marrows and interpret numerous non-gyn cytology cases including FNA's.
This opening is a partnership track position with a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be board certified or eligible in AP and CP and hold a valid CA license. We are seeking a dedicated pathologist who exhibits qualities expected of a person desiring a future
partnership.
Candidates should forward a CV with three letters of reference to Napa Pathology Medical

I would put my nuts in a rabid pit bull's mouth for this job. Cush doesnt adequately describe it.

Members don't see this ad.

LADoc00 said:
I would put my nuts in a rabid pit bull's mouth for this job. Cush doesnt adequately describe it.

And yet, they had to advertise to fill it. Major red flag.

RyMcQ said:
And yet, they had to advertise to fill it. Major red flag.
:confused:
Maybe they are just trying to widen the applicant pool to get the right fit?

Members don't see this ad :)
cytoborg said:
:confused:
Maybe they are just trying to widen the applicant pool to get the right fit?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :laugh: :laugh:

hold on...gotta catch my breath...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh:

(i'm just messin' dude)

AndyMilonakis said:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :laugh: :laugh:

hold on...gotta catch my breath...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh:

(i'm just messin' dude)
What? I thought it was a reasonable question. I'm clearly not jaded enough. ;)

cytoborg said:
What? I thought it was a reasonable question. I'm clearly not jaded enough. ;)
i just sayin' that i was just messin' dude. :)

LADoc00 said:
Description:
Napa Pathology Medical Associates, Inc. is recruiting a fulltime pathologist to start July 1, 2005. We are located within a hospital setting in the world renowned Napa Valley, one hour drive north of San Francisco.
The practice supports a 179 bed acute hospital with combined anatomical and clinical pathology services and an outpatient practice that serves the community physicians. Currently, we handle approximately 7000 surgicals and 7000 pap smears per year, many bone marrows and interpret numerous non-gyn cytology cases including FNA's.
This opening is a partnership track position with a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be board certified or eligible in AP and CP and hold a valid CA license. We are seeking a dedicated pathologist who exhibits qualities expected of a person desiring a future
partnership.
Candidates should forward a CV with three letters of reference to Napa Pathology Medical

Dude, there is no such thing as the ultimate job. Everyplace has its festering dysfunction and weird personalities with which to deal. If this is such a dream job, hy are they advertising? There's probably a catch, you just have to poke around.

I wouldn't open that pit bull's mouth up just yet. Apply and interview. Its worth seeing whats up there in wine country. Just don't get your hopes up too high. A job is a job is a job. They all pretty much suck after a while.

pathdawg said:
Dude, there is no such thing as the ultimate job. Everyplace has its festering dysfunction and weird personalities with which to deal. If this is such a dream job, hy are they advertising? There's probably a catch, you just have to poke around.

I wouldn't open that pit bull's mouth up just yet. Apply and interview. Its worth seeing whats up there in wine country. Just don't get your hopes up too high. A job is a job is a job. They all pretty much suck after a while.

Im fairly certain this was a part of a letter sent to UCSF/Stanford Surg path directors and not an open advertisement. It found its way to one place, the UCSF job board, likely because their fellows already have jobs lined up. Regardless, lots of solid jobs are advertised when looking for experienced people vs. right out of academics, but I digress. Napa is a wierd place, there are a ton of hot chicks working in the wine making industry and very few eligible bachelors. This job would be like an unlimited American Express card to serious action. Imagine signing out a few polyps, then taking a 2-hour long lunch in the Valley with some hottie, after work returning to your sprawling Napa pad that overlooks the Silverado trail..winding along the picturesque landscape in your convertible Porsche Carrera S....ending the day in your hot tub with a case of the Opus One wine and 2 local college interns...La Dolce Vita!

LADoc00 said:
Im fairly certain this was a part of a letter sent to UCSF/Stanford Surg path directors and not an open advertisement. It found its way to one place, the UCSF job board, likely because their fellows already have jobs lined up. Regardless, lots of solid jobs are advertised when looking for experienced people vs. right out of academics, but I digress. Napa is a wierd place, there are a ton of hot chicks working in the wine making industry and very few eligible bachelors. This job would be like an unlimited American Express card to serious action. Imagine signing out a few polyps, then taking a 2-hour long lunch in the Valley with some hottie, after work returning to your sprawling Napa pad that overlooks the Silverado trail..winding along the picturesque landscape in your convertible Porsche Carrera S....ending the day in your hot tub with a case of the Opus One wine and 2 local college interns...La Dolce Vita!

Hell, where do I apply?

Seriously, what is the problem with jobs that are advertised? I guess it's assumed that it's a signal that they tried to fill it by other means and couldn't?

It seems like some practices would just post an ad right up front to get word out more efficiently, rather than making a bunch of phonecalls to cronies.

cytoborg said:
Seriously, what is the problem with jobs that are advertised? I guess it's assumed that it's a signal that they tried to fill it by other means and couldn't?

It seems like some practices would just post an ad right up front to get word out more efficiently, rather than making a bunch of phonecalls to cronies.

There is nothing wrong with positions that advertise. I found my current job through an ad in the CAP web site. Often, institutions will require that a department advertise so as to fullfill equal opportunity obligations. I am just saying that if this is a supposed dream job that, as LADOC implies, you can read a couple of hyperplastic polyps and then go and hang in a hot tub with Lindsey Lohan all day, the fact that they are advertising tells me that it may not be all that. All in all, there is not red flag to an advertised job in and of itself.

pathdawg said:
There is nothing wrong with positions that advertise. I found my current job through an ad in the CAP web site. Often, institutions will require that a department advertise so as to fullfill equal opportunity obligations. I am just saying that if this is a supposed dream job that, as LADOC implies, you can read a couple of hyperplastic polyps and then go and hang in a hot tub with Lindsey Lohan all day, the fact that they are advertising tells me that it may not be all that. All in all, there is not red flag to an advertised job in and of itself.

Thats the problem. There is a serious derth of hetero guys in pathology in Northern Cali...hence the need to advertise. Now if they had put in something about a hot tub and a hunkie dude named Chuck, it would be different. :laugh:

LADoc00 said:
Thats the problem. There is a serious derth of hetero guys in pathology in Northern Cali...hence the need to advertise.
Well, I've always wanted to serve in an underserved area! :smuggrin: