Ulcerative Colitis????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtisO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I do not know if this is allowed, but I am a pre-med student worried about my health. I didn't know where else to ask. Delete it mods if it is inappropriate. Recently I have been dropping pounds (186-176) in a month with hardly any effort. I worked out starting in june for a month solid for four days a week. After that (for the past couple-several weeks), not much more.. I have sudden urges to defecate, but every time I try, I pass gas or maybe a couple pellets come out. I have lost an appetite a little bit but that could be because I am stressed from being on WebMD and thinking that I am dying.. lol. I have (what I call) a rectal pain. Nothing external but internal right before my anus. My stomach hurts a little bit (lower abdomen). My back hurts and my knees ache but they always do... I was 178.5lbs yesterday morning with only underwear on. This morning, same conditions, I was 176.5... I've noticed losing weight for a couple weeks now and that is when I started freaking out as I started at 193 during the start of june. I don't know if it is because I worked out (and I never work out) and it kicked in my metabolism... I just think it is weird. Also, not diarrhea much or bloody stools... Let me know what you guys think and I will answer any other Q's. THANKS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

EDIT: My dad has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, autoimmune hepatitis and vitiligo.. His immune system is not nice... this is why i am pondering UC.

SDN is not for medical advice.

Not specific for you, but it is very common for pre-meds/med students to start diagnosing themselves with all sorts of medical problems. Go see student health or your primary care if you are worried.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.