UK Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarFanatic

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im new here and I was just wondering, if for some reason I do not get into a Medical school in the US, is it possible for me to go to one of the 27 medical schools in the UK, like Kings or Imperial. I know there are some in the UK that are really for US students like St. Chris, but would I be able to attend one of the Medical schools that are for british students? If so, what are the criteria for admissions, and what other tests and such do they require?

Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of Americans studying in the schools designated for British students. one thing to keep in mind is that many schools won't accept you because you're not a British national. Part of their mission is to train physicians who intend to practice in Britain.

Going the British route would make little sense, as it takes longer. You may be better off just reapplying to U.S. schools.

Most schools have websites which will answer all of your questions. I doubt any of us here can adequately answer your question, since each school may have a different policy.

Hi,
i am an american studying in a traditional british medical school. yes it is possible to apply and be accepted. pm me with any questions.

Cheers