UK med schools requiring GAMSAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Migdal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a possibility appeared in front of me to study in UK, I need your help :)

Which schools need GAMSAT for graduate entry program, which are non-UK residents friendly (I`m an EU citizen)? What about clinical and research facilities, curriculum (I`m interested in PBL), living expenses and financial aid?
I know I can propably find it all on internet, but the time is running out and I thought that you could give me precious hints were to start.

As for me I`m in my final year at Warsaw Uni, bachelore in biotech, with 4.2 GPA (different scale 2-5, it isn`t bad but unfortunetly not so great) that`s why I intend to sit GAMSAT, being quite confident with my test taking skills and science knowledge. My only serious concern would be writting a good essay (any helpful links, books, exercises thowards mastering essay composition and style???)

In short any info about UK med schols, your opinion and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

There are 3 UK medical schools that use GAMSAT as part of their entry selection: St Georges (London), Notingham and Swansea. The first require a 2.2 degree or better in any subject and Swansea a 2.1. I have no idea how this equates to GPA as we do not use GPA in the UK.

I was under the impression that none of these schools take international students on their graduate courses however, so I would check directly with them before you apply! The only gruate schools I am aware of that accept internationals are Oxford and Warwick.

Other graduate schools use different entry exams eg. MSAT at Kings, Barts and Warwick.

Kev (UK) said:
I was under the impression that none of these schools take international students on their graduate courses

I'm aware of that, but from what I did found out EU citizens are NOT
classified as international students (but they do have less financial aid options than UK students) so they can apply to those graduate programs.
Before I apply I will contact each school for now I just need to make out existing options for me.

Kev (UK) said:
Other graduate schools use different entry exams eg. MSAT at Kings, Barts and Warwick.

Did you sit MSAT or GAMSAT? what's the difference between those two?

If only we had graduate entry programs in Poland I woudn't be looking for other places to study. I just don't want my 3 BSc. years go to waste. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not take either of the exams as the graduate course I am on did not require them.
Details on the MSAT exam can be found at:
http://www.acer.edu.au/tests/university/msat/intro.html

Are you applying for 2005 or 2006 entry? The closing date for 2005 applications is 15 October 2004.

Kev (UK) said:
Are you applying for 2005 or 2006 entry? The closing date for 2005 applications is 15 October 2004.

2005, that why I'm in rush :eek: gathering all this info.