Uic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kilroth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
"applicant response pending"

Has anyone called to confirm that this is an acceptance? Let me know and save me an annoying phone call to them!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Nevermind, I called and I'm in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi kilroth,

Rush and UIC. Which do you like more? Why?

Congrats also...

:p :laugh: :p

Kilroth,

A big Congrats, UIC is a great school. After reading your post, I checked my status page and had the same thing listed--"applicant response pending"--but when I called the Admissions Office they wouldn't tell me what it meant. Did whoever you spoke to happen to say that status meant acceptance, or is it possible my "response pending" is whether or not I want a spot on their waitlist? Thanks. And again Congrats!

HI, thanks everyone! I interviewed at Rockford so not sure about the Chicago school. I liked Rush a lot but I think I liked Loyola better for the private schools (will hear from them in a couple of weeks).

The guy at UIC wouldn't really tell me at first but then when I was about to hang up he said it was good news. I asked "is it really good news?" and he said yes and we both laughed. So it was more of an implicit way of telling me. They were mailing it today so we should expect it by the end of the week.

I think you are accepted too though. Good luck!

Thanks Kilroth. I guess we'll both be checking our mailboxes this week.

My status page link doesn't work. Since it will probably just say pending, which means they are making a decision still, I should probably just wait for the letter right?

Yea I would, it sounds like they are reluctant to answer over the phone.

Beast: When did you interview? Did you interview in Chicago?

yowhat'sup,

I interviewed on Nov. 6th at the Chicago campus. They told us that day that we would be considered with the first batch of applicants in the AdCom meeting that was taking place soon after. I just happened to check my status page today, so I'm not sure if it had changed before today. Hope that helps, good luck.

has anyone gotten an email from UIC saying that you were on hold or waitlisted? My status page doesn't work, and I remember the dean saying that if you weren't accepted right away you'd receive this email....

Does anyone know how the adcoms decide which of the U of I schools the applicants would have to go to? I live in Chicago, and would love to stay here instead of going to Rockford or Peoria. The campus I end up in would be a significant factor in determining if I would want to go there.

Also, I'm looking at the Interview Feedback, and a VERY common question regards if your integrity has been questioned, and how you dealt with it. I haven't been accused of cheating or being dishonest in school, so I would probably have to come up with a hypothetical. Has anyone gotten this question? Thanks for any help. I just got my interview invite, by the way. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
When you are accepted you get a choice of which campus you would like to attend. They said that the Chicago campus gets filled up first, which makes sense. I don't know when it typically gets filled up though, probably by Feb??? (just a guess). I'd bet you are fine if you already have your interview scheduled. The first round of acceptances went out this week...I'm waiting patiently!!!!

btw-When I interviewed I wasn't asked an integrity question. But you could think of something less dramatic, like calling in sick to work or something like that.

Has anyone received a decision letter yet this week?

My "applicant response pending" changed to:

"A final decision was made on your application on 11-14-03. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone."

Did anyone else get this? Also, my "additional correspondence" box has today's date in it whereas before it was blank. Has anyone heard anything else?

Thanks for the info. The link they gave me doesn't work, so I can't tell you what mine says. Do you have the link I could try?

Does anyone know if UIC notifies their applicants if they've been waitlisted...or, does the status page just remain as "decision pending" until an acceptance or rejection?

Got UIC acceptance in the mail today. Inteviewed Oct. 6th

For those accepted to UIC as of yesterday, could you please check what your status page says at this point and post it? Did they update it yesterday?

Billymoe, I was there on Oct. 6th also. Hopefully I'll get something in the mail today! Too bad I have to sit at work all day....

accepted yesterday, status remains "Applicant Response Pending"

Has anybody been rejected from UIC yet? Do they wait til the last minute to reject anyone?

In case anyone else is waiting, I called UIC today. I interviewed on Oct. 6 and haven't heard anything. She looked my file up and said that a decision has not been made on my file. She said they did send out some acceptance already, but none for me yet. She said it was good because I wasn't rejected (or waitlisted). I was under the impression that all decisions would be made in mid-Nov., but there is still hope.:)