Uic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
decision pending for me...

Members don't see this ad.

WHOA ...edit. It changed and now there's a date just like your neolium. This will be interesting...

decision pending for me...

That is very seriously NOT a bad thing right now, Diesel. It might mean they haven't gotten to updating yours yet or it might mean you were put on the final waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got this:

A final decision was made on your application on 05-30-08. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone.
so its with a date, could that be good?

No idea. Like I said several posts above, I don't think it's a common enough thing for "with a date" or "without a date" to definitely mean anything. Last year, my rejection had a status change that didn't have a date. Has anybody gotten a change without a date now that mine changed to inculde 5/30/08? Anybody else remaining decision pending...

I gotta get to work...I'm sure you folks will distract me again in a few though...

I tried to call and get some info out of admissions, but all they said is they cant tell me anything and that they will be mailing out the letters today.

This morning at 7 am was "Decision Pending"

Now, "Applicant is Wait Listed"

:rolleyes: I'll take that's a good sign (better than rejection). Will call to find out more.

:rolleyes: I'll take that's a good sign (better than rejection). Will call to find out more.

That's pretty clear cut. I've never heard of a status of "Applicant is wait listed" before.

Thank God SDN boards are back up. I was dying here.

You guys think they accepted, rejected and waitlisted ppl yesterday? or just rejected and waitlisted?

You guys think they accepted, rejected and waitlisted ppl yesterday? or just rejected and waitlisted?

It's confusing that some people actually have "applicant is waitlisted" on their status while others still have "decision pending." Last year from my understanding it just stayed "decision pending" for most people who were waitlisted...I have no idea what that means that there's both groups now.

I think they accepted some people yesterday, made a waitlist, and rejected the remainder. This is their first meeting since the May 15th deadline, and while they traditionally]overaccept which makes acceptances around this time sparse, I'd think they at least make a few admissions. If we're talking about preparing ourselves, Rabo, I'm managing my expectations to expect a rejection letter--but I'm not letting myself despair over rejection yet.

Edit: I just called and asked if there were any acceptances made in yesterday's committee meeting and was told "Uhh I believe some letters [of acceptance] will go out today." So there you have it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: I just called and asked if there were any acceptances made in yesterday's committee meeting and was told "Uhh I believe some letters [of acceptance] will go out today." So there you have it.

oh wow that just made my day

Like I said...I'm trying to control my emotions but it's tough not to fantasize about getting a big letter in the mailbox.

has anyone had their status change without the date?

It's confusing that some people actually have "applicant is waitlisted" on their status while others still have "decision pending." Last year from my understanding it just stayed "decision pending" for most people who were waitlisted...I have no idea what that means that there's both groups now.

I think they accepted some people yesterday, made a waitlist, and rejected the remainder. This is their first meeting since the May 15th deadline, and while they traditionally]overaccept which makes acceptances around this time sparse, I'd think they at least make a few admissions. If we're talking about preparing ourselves, Rabo, I'm managing my expectations to expect a rejection letter--but I'm not letting myself despair over rejection yet.

Im kinda doing the same thing, trying to expect a rejection letter and you never know maybe it will be the big letter.

has anyone had their status change without the date?

What happened for you, Doc? Final decision 05/30/08?

i just talked to admissions office too,
and they're mailing out letters today= acceptance & rejection letters.

a final decision was made on 05/30/08...hoping for the best, expecting the worst. good luck everyone! :luck:

I also called to ask about the waitlist status, and the lady told me to call back on Monday to speak to a counselor regarding where I am on the waitlist.

Ahhh! Waiting till Monday comes!

a final decision was made on 05/30/08...hoping for the best, expecting the worst. good luck everyone! :luck:

Agreed...I remembered somebody was rejected back in february for some odd reason...on page 24 RP218 or something got a status change with a date and was rejected. Then back in April somebody got a status change without a date and was rejected. Seems like everybody has a date associated with their status changes today, so I really don't think that has anything to do with anything (but if we're all accepted, PARTY at my place :p)

I didn't get a status change but I did recieve a phone call saying that I did not get accepted. However, they did offer me an acceptance to their post bacc program in chicago. They told me that I would be offered an automatic acceptance to their 2009 entering class as long as I maintained a 3.0 GPA during the post bac. I thanked them for the offer but turned it down because I got an acceptance to an M.D program elsewhere.

Yeah...UIC has a hush hush post-bacc program that I believe is for URMs.

So my status says "A final decision was made on your application on 05-30-08..."

Does anybody have the same notice except with no date?

So my status says "A final decision was made on your application on 05-30-08..."

Does anybody have the same notice except with no date?

Everyone so far has a date so we'll see

did anyone get mail today?

Nothing today living in a Chicago suburb. Guess Monday?

First post for me here.

I just switched from a "decision pending" to"applicant is wait listed". I will most likely give it a week or two of still considering UIC but if not I will be withdrawing my application. I am already accepted somewhere I like more because they talked about how they train you to be a good doctor versus gabbing about scores and residency placement. I just feel I shouldn't make other people sweat it out if my mind is made up.

I called the admission office and he said the waitlist has less than 100 students. There is a letter being sent out to the waitlisted students either tomorrow (6/3), or it has been sent last Friday (5/31). And it would tell you which quartile you are in. ;)

:luck::luck::luck::luck: GOOD LUCK! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

I called the admission office and he said the waitlist has less than 100 students. There is a letter being sent out to the waitlisted students either tomorrow (6/3), or it has been sent last Friday (5/31). And it would tell you which quartile you are in. ;)

:luck::luck::luck::luck: GOOD LUCK! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

I guess thats kind of good news, seeing how somewhere in this thread someone said they took 50 off the waitlist last year.:oops:

All of this mystery is a little silly. Why not have "Application Successful" "Application Unsuccessful" "Waitlist--1st (2nd, 3rd, 4th) quartile" on the status page?

All of this mystery is a little silly. Why not have "Application Successful" "Application Unsuccessful" "Waitlist--1st (2nd, 3rd, 4th) quartile" on the status page?

Maybe they enjoy driving us crazy?

you guys in chicago didn't get mail yet? man its gonna take forever to get to cali

YAHOO! Got my letter tonight. Although it's not an acceptance, I am happy to be in the first quartile.

Anyone else have good news?

Rejection...good luck to all in the future--it looks as though I'll be Bond8204, D.O.!

if Parfee (with a great GPA and MCAT score) is getting waitlisted....
then is it safe to think that most of us with low 30 mcat scores are likely going to get rejection letters?

It seems like UIC is quickly contacting their waitlists and postbaccs, but sending out letters to those rejected..

I'd like to believe there were spots open for acceptances, but I'm starting to think that those spots were given to applicants with freakishly high scores...am i being unrealistically pessimistic or reasonable?

I got a 33 on the MCAT with a 3.48 GPA, and I landed in the 1st quartile on the wait list, just to give you another comparison.

I got my letter today from UIC and I placed in the first quarter.

My letter said no. I guess it will be Rabo, DO. Good luck to everyone else.

hmm... I'm guessing the people who received letters are in the Chicago/Midwest area?

Wonder how much longer it's going to take for the letters to arrive to the West coast...

if Parfee (with a great GPA and MCAT score) is getting waitlisted....
then is it safe to think that most of us with low 30 mcat scores are likely going to get rejection letters?

It seems like UIC is quickly contacting their waitlists and postbaccs, but sending out letters to those rejected..

I'd like to believe there were spots open for acceptances, but I'm starting to think that those spots were given to applicants with freakishly high scores...am i being unrealistically pessimistic or reasonable?

Hi,
I'm not sure where you got my stats from, but my GPA is no where near "great"! So my GPA is 3.4 and MCAT 33Q. I think there are still some chance. Maybe they are still waiting people who recently got off the waitlists at other schools to see how many more seat they can offer.

Hang in there!

Got my rejection letter yesterday :( I was expecting it though, especially with my not-so-hot MCAT score and my late interview. Luckily, I have a great school to go to that I actually liked more than UIC after I had been to both interviews.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

is there anyone who's status has still not been updated on the site?

All the people who ended in the first quartile seem to have had their status updated on Friday. Mine was updated yesterday (wait list). Perhaps first quartiles were released on Friday?

Where do you check your application status for c/o 2012? It seems as if they have gotten rid of the old link and replaced it with one to AAMC.