UIC -vs - RUSH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muadoc

bill
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice about how to rank these two programs...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well, from what I know and have heard around, UIC is a very benign program where all the residents truly seemed happy. The training is solid, attendings are excellent, as is the teaching there. I've heard, albeit second-hand (but from a couple of sources) that Rush has a reputation for being more malignant--they really work you. More cases=more money attitude. A couple of people that trained there have said they wouldn't do it again. hope this helps.

I hate this stress of last minute dilemmas!

Members don't see this ad :)
muadoc said:

I interviewed at UIC and loved it. I thought it was a very benign program and the residents were all happy (at least the ones I talked with). Didn't interview with rush, so can't help you with that one. UIC seemed solid to me. Good luck!

muadoc said:

Rank Rush 1st.......you won't regret it.

I did my undergrad, med school and internshp in Chicago (undergrad at UIC actually). When I was looking at the Chicago programs, I only interviewed at Rush, U of C and Northwestern. I thought Rush was a solid program and they have nationally/internationally renowned figures there (Tuman). I don't think you could go wrong with ranking them first.

dude u should ask Vent (the moderator)...he goes to RUSH

im at uic and i can tell u that im very happy with the training here and overall with my work hrs here
we have some fellows who did residency at rush and they DO NOT recommend rush
goodluck!

Interviewed at UIC. Residents seem super happy, but caseload seems pretty light. Does anyone have any comments? Do they land good jobs? How is the reputation?