UIC Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spark423

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on when we can expect to hear from UIC about interview selections?

Current UIC students: Can you share when you received notification of interviews when you applied?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I've applied to UIC as well. I was sorry to hear about the fire, but thankful that no one was hurt.

A fire is a devastating blow to anyone, and I believe patience is necessary at this time! However, I did receive an email concerning the fire, and I believe it mentioned that interview invites would be emailed sometime after the middle of February!

Members don't see this ad :)
The OSA has just reopened their offices in AOB. I don't know how long it took them to remove the applications from their offices in COP. Just be patient.

Anyone hear from them yet?

i haven't heard anything beyond that email that was sent out after the fire. has anyone called the office recently?

I wonder if UIC will still send out the interview invites this week... The email that was sent after the fire stated that they still hoped to review applications and select interviewees by mid February. At that time, did they expect that it would take as long as it did to set up an office again? Hmmm...

I also wonder if they still plan to have interviews during their spring break. If so, they'll probably want to get invites out within the next 2-3 weeks at latest in order to give people some time to plan.

Here's hoping that some miracle will have the invites emailed this week.

let's see what happens! i'm definitely getting anxious!

i would hope that they would allow for at least 2 weeks notice. i'm sure most people need to request time off of work and school. (i know i do!)

the waiting game is no fun. :(

Anyone have any idea on when we can expect to hear from UIC about interview selections?

Current UIC students: Can you share when you received notification of interviews when you applied?

Thanks! :)

I'm a current P1 at UIC and I received the email telling me the time and location of my interview on Feb. 23 - so you guys should be hearing from them soon. I have no idea how much of a delay in the process was caused by the fire though. All I know about that is that none of the applications were damaged.

I'm a current P1 at UIC and I received the email telling me the time and location of my interview on Feb. 23 - so you guys should be hearing from them soon. I have no idea how much of a delay in the process was caused by the fire though. All I know about that is that none of the applications were damaged.

can you share your stats plzz

Hi all. I just received an email this morning saying that they are in the process of reviewing the completed apps and hope to have a decision and emails sent by next week.

I got the email too and it sounds like a lot of people were calling about the status of the application review.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email too and it sounds like a lot of people were calling about the status of the application review.

That is what it sounded like. I'm Glad that there are outlets such as SDN for me to ponder my status over rather than calling UIC directly. They're probably not feeling too friendly at the moment.

That is what it sounded like. I'm Glad that there are outlets such as SDN for me to ponder my status over rather than calling UIC directly. They're probably not feeling too friendly at the moment.

definitely. i'm glad i didn't call! :)

haha, that is totally what I was thinking too!

So, who wants to guess which day next week (if any) we'll receive word on the interviews? Of course, I hope it'll be Monday, but I have a bad feeling it's going to be Friday. If I had to bet, I'd go with Friday. Sorry for the pessimism :(

Hmmm....

I'm going to guess that they will be sent out Thursday between 9 and 11:30 am.

It's more fun guessing a specific day and time:)

First person that gets one needs to post!

I agree. Date and time is more fun. I will stick with Friday and go with 2:00-4:30 PM. :D I expect to suffer as long as possible.

i think that it will be friday, sometime after normal business hours, like at 7 pm. :)

yeah, i got selected for an interview. you got an email saying that you weren't???

I have received my interview invite. The email was sent to me at 12:16 pm. I am maybe 1% happier than I was before I received the invite. Being accepted is the only event that'll get me truly excited, although I am very relieved that there were no fatal errors in my application up to now.

I also received one at 12:16 pm.
Sigh...I hopefully it won't fall on the same day as my OSU interview that week. =T
Time to resume compulsively checking our emails for that time/date.

u guys sure it is not some hoax, stats 3.33 Pcat 85 and im out of stater with no pharm expirenece and only 20 hrs of volunteer expirenence and i got selected. musta been my armz that got me in

Lol, I got just got rejected from UIC after interviewing at UC Denver and UNC Chapel Hill. Stats: GPA 3.65 PCAT 94. Oh well, UNC Chapel Hill is my first choice anyway.

yay i got an invite too!! soo happy :)

I got my interview invite e-mail today too! yay! Time to look at flights... haha

Congrats guys!
I was not selected for an interview, but I got into my first choice, so I'm happy:)
Good luck to everybody!

Congratulations. In the past, they have given the interview information in the e-mail, but because of the fire, they might still be working out where to have them. For the past few years, they have been in the COP. Before that, when they use to interview every applicant, they used rooms in the west side Union.

genesis,

Do you have any idea about how much the interview is worth in the overall point system? More specifically, if one has a high GPA and PCAT score (and a B.S. from UIC, and significant ECs), can that individual afford to have just an average interview to gain enough points for admission? I certainly wouldn't abridge my preparation if that were the case, but I would feel a little more comfortable and confident.

Lol, I got just got rejected from UIC after interviewing at UC Denver and UNC Chapel Hill. Stats: GPA 3.65 PCAT 94. Oh well, UNC Chapel Hill is my first choice anyway.

? Wow. Denver was my #1 choice, and the only one i didnt get an interview at (of course... just my luck). But I did get an interview at UIC.. Weird.

I got a rejection letter by email today. It didn't really affect me much, I have an interview at Midwestern in two weeks and I've already been accepted to another school. Good Luck to everyone who was selected!:luck:

? Wow. Denver was my #1 choice, and the only one i didnt get an interview at (of course... just my luck). But I did get an interview at UIC.. Weird.

Yah I got rejected from CU also, but got an interview at UIC too! It's so strange. I'm an out-of-stater for both of them.

Anyway, can't wait to see when my actual date will be. I really, really hope they schedule it for either Monday or Friday for me, because I am coming from Cali and I can't afford to take too much time off work or school, but I wanted to have time to check out Chicago a little bit. Oh well, all I can do is hope. If they want me on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll just have to deal.

Hope to meet some of you guys there!

I don't know how many points are given to the interview versus the application.

We have very similar stats. I also got a rejection e-mail from UIC. I don't understand their interview selection criteria. I've received interview invitations from every other school where I have applied.

What's up with UIC?

We have very similar stats. I also got a rejection e-mail from UIC. I don't understand their interview selection criteria. I've received interview invitations from every other school where I have applied.

What's up with UIC?

Same here! I think UIC tends to favor in-state students, at least that is what I thought since I am from out of state.

Yea, I am out of state as well. Repping the 808 state, yo. (That's Hawaii)

Same here! I think UIC tends to favor in-state students, at least that is what I thought since I am from out of state.

All state-funded/public schools, including UIC, favor in-state students. :)

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know there's one more interview spot open! I just got into UCSF (yay!) so I'll be declining the interview at UIC. Good luck to you all, I hope you get into your top choices! :luck:

At UIC, all the health colleges try and cap their OOS students at about 10% of the student population. The state views funding these colleges is an investment for the healthcare of the people of the state of Illinois. Generally, if people live in Illinois before acceptance, there is a good chance they will remain in Illinois after graduation.

So, now that we have our invites, who wants to guess when we'll be informed of the date and time? I'll be optimistic this time by going with Tuesday, 3/4, between 11am and 1pm. :)

Well, looks like my optimism was misguided. Hopefully we'll know by the end of the week.

I also wonder if UIC invited its usual number of candidates (~300). Maybe they're not interviewing as many because of the fire this year?

They wouldn't cut down number of interviewees because of the fire. Normally, the interview date assigned is based off of your last name.
The delay has to do with the location of the interview. They might have almost full access to the building by then.

and the wait continues...

Got my denial email last week...just a heads up...:(

Normally, the interview date assigned is based off of your last name.

I wonder if (and hope) they have out-of-staters interview near the weekend and not in the middle of the week... :hungover:

I wonder if (and hope) they have out-of-staters interview near the weekend and not in the middle of the week... :hungover:

Nope, last names are the order. You can try and e-mail them for a change but that is not likely.