UIC for MPH or MS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrugPusher

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am interested on hearing the opinions anyone has on UICs School of Public Health. I am interested in getting my MPH (or possibly MS) in epidemiology there and then continue straight through to the PhD in Epi. I would do the full time program and program cut back my hours to part time of UofC Med Center. I know the MPH can be completed in 2 years and the credits would transfer so that only 1 year of classes are needed for the PhD. The rest is research, which you dont have to be in residence for. It seems like a good program for me being I dont want to leave Chicago.

Members don't see this ad.

DrugPusher said:
Hey Everyone,

I am interested on hearing the opinions anyone has on UICs School of Public Health. I am interested in getting my MPH (or possibly MS) in epidemiology there and then continue straight through to the PhD in Epi. I would do the full time program and program cut back my hours to part time of UofC Med Center. I know the MPH can be completed in 2 years and the credits would transfer so that only 1 year of classes are needed for the PhD. The rest is research, which you dont have to be in residence for. It seems like a good program for me being I dont want to leave Chicago.

Both my wife (Health Policy) and I (Environmental and Occupational Health) have our MPHs from there. We both have been very successful with our degrees. I almost did epi, I took a bunch of extra epi courses. Loved the faculty and the program. You will do well from there.

- H