Uhco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M281384

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering the stats and/or background of people who have already received interviews from UHCO... I've heard they've only filled less than half of their incoming class at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview in October. I have a 3.40 gpa and 340 TS and AA. I sent my application mid September and received an interview end of October. I thought it was a pretty long wait to hear back from them compared to other schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Not as long as I have been waiting :/ I have a higher gpa but slightly lower OAT.... I received an interview to every other school I applied to within a week of applying. So did you end up choosing UHCO? I heard it's among the top schools in the nation, and lowest tuition for residents.

Have you called Dr. Shulman to check on your app? Call rather than email, because he is a little slow to respond to emails. UHCO likes students to show a ton of interest in the school. Get to know Dr. Shulman as well as you can - it seems like he pretty much makes the call on interviews and admission. They also use a 700 point system. If your GPA is a 3.0, then that gives you 300 points, a 3.8 gives you 380, etc. You add that to your OAT score. If you are over 700, then you are pretty much guaranteed an interview. If you are under 700, you certainly still have a good chance of an interview but obviously the closer to 700 the better. Like the other person that posted would have a 680, which is really close.

How did you hear that they have only filled about half of their class?

Not as long as I have been waiting :/ I have a higher gpa but slightly lower OAT.... I received an interview to every other school I applied to within a week of applying. So did you end up choosing UHCO? I heard it's among the top schools in the nation, and lowest tuition for residents.

No I canceled the interview when I was accepted to my first choice school. Houston did seem appealing because of the low tuition though. The lady who contacted me for the interview was Deborah Magee. She was really helpful so maybe you should try contacting her.

I've tried calling on many different occasions. He is either in a meeting, stepped out, on his way to a meeting, or left for home early. This situation is really frustrating because it is my top choice school but other schools are already requesting that I give them my decision/deposit by mid Jan...

Hmm...then yea, I would try Debbie McGee next. She is probably the one answering and saying he is out. The problem is that he teaches and handles all of admissions. Try at several different hours of the day - I'm not sure when he teaches or has other things. I can understand the frustration though! I would try emailing him (if you haven't already - but seriously it sometimes has taken me weeks to get a response), calling Debbie, and then continuing to try back for him. I know they aren't going to be mad that you are so interested in attending!

in response to the OP...my stats were 3.2 overall GPA and 3.0 science GPA // 340 AA 330 TS // shadowed various physicians (OD & MD - i used to be pre-med) // 2.5yrs research experience // submitted early october and received my interview in november.

if you've submitted and haven't hear much, i would call Tiffany Robinson to check on the status of your application. then i would call AND email Debbie Magee...from my experience when i tell Debbie over the phone i need a certain email she usually forgets.

i hope this helps and good luck!!