UGA vs Mercer Pharm School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stonewall_345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently doing my undergrad at UGA and, up until a couple weeks ago, UGA was my first choice for pharmacy school. After touring Mercer and talking to some alumni, I am now thinking that Mercer would be a better fit for me. For people currently attending pharmacy school at Mercer/UGA, why did you choose your school? And what made you choose one over the other? I know Mercer is obviously a lot more expensive, but were there any other major factors that led you to choose?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm currently doing my undergrad at UGA and, up until a couple weeks ago, UGA was my first choice for pharmacy school. After touring Mercer and talking to some alumni, I am now thinking that Mercer would be a better fit for me. For people currently attending pharmacy school at Mercer/UGA, why did you choose your school? And what made you choose one over the other? I know Mercer is obviously a lot more expensive, but were there any other major factors that led you to choose?
Taking a quick look at pharmacy school rankings, it seems that UGA is more prestigious than Mercer in addition to it being less expensive. What is attracting you to Mercer? Is it worth that disparity in price?