UGA for Post bacc or non-degree seeking for Pre-Vet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BluePitterPatter

Reaction score
Hello all,

Was hoping that the experienced among you might have some thoughts:

I'm a non-trad, zero science undergrad (though a lot in HS) looking to go back to school once I resign from the Army next year to get vet school prereqs and then, of course, go to vet school. I have a bachelors from a small liberal arts school from 8 years ago.

I'm from Georgia (though I also qualify for NC in-state because of Army, fwiw) so I'm looking at UGA to get my prereqs and then perhaps matriculate into the vet school there (or anywhere). I'm looking at UGA over NC State because the wife can find more work in ATL, and someone's gonna have to pay the bills....

UGA has next to nothing on their website regarding postbacs there, other than that it's an option. There's no info on timelines, how the program works, or any details whatsoever. So my questions are:

1) Anybody from a similar situation (at least in terms of no prereqs done) gotten them done at UGA after graduating elsewhere?

2) Anyone specifically done the postbac there?

3) Which would be better, going as a non degree seeking student or enroll in the postbac?

4) Thoughts on life?

Thanks y'all, and I appreciate you taking the time!

Members don't see this ad.