Uerm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FRN310

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
im really considering UERM due to its reputation as UPerm. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the requirements such as GPA for a foreigner? I am graduating as a B.S. Kinesiology major this december from a cal state and im concerned with my GPA for med schooll. I know a lot of other schools are only concerned with the NMAT from a foreigner but I wanted to know if that goes with UERM, UST, and other medical schools in the philippines? any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

im really considering UERM due to its reputation as UPerm. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the requirements such as GPA for a foreigner? I am graduating as a B.S. Kinesiology major this december from a cal state and im concerned with my GPA for med schooll. I know a lot of other schools are only concerned with the NMAT from a foreigner but I wanted to know if that goes with UERM, UST, and other medical schools in the philippines? any comments would be greatly appreciated!
For a US undergrad, they probably won't mind your GPA but they still have some NMAT requirements (about 65 is their cutoff). I'm not even sure if they are strict with the NMAT score in your case but aim for that score.

thanks tantrum!

im really aiming for an 85+ so im studying my butt off til that NMAT in november here in Los Angeles. Any advice on studying for the NMAT would be nice :) im getting super nervous for it even though I do have a couple months to study still. i hear st. lukes rejects anything below a 90, do you by chance know if thats true?

Members don't see this ad :)
GO check out my post about UE and UST if you're interested. As a foreigner you have a different objective than those of the locals. Although your aim is to do well on everything, main concentration is the USMLE and what you can do to match in the future. Dont limit yourself to just UST or UE alone like I did, there other good schools to consider.

Hi Frn,

I'm also looking into going to medical school in the Philippines next year (fatima, UERM, or UST ). It's good to see someone on here that'll also be taking the NMAT on Nov. 6 in L.A. I just wanted to ask you who your contact was? was it GODFREY VERGARA? I live in San Antonio, TX and just found his name online. I just wanted to make sure this was legit and not some scam.

my personal email is [email protected]