UCSF School of Pharmacy Class of 2007?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neonam11

Hey, Baby!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to be a first year pharmacy student at UCSF this coming fall. I met two other future classmates already and am determined to find some more before matriculation starts. So if you are attending UCSF and feel like talking, I look forward to your replies. Who knows, maybe we can try out some of the great restaurants SF has to offer because I have a long list I'm itching to check off on. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on getting accepted to UCSF~!

I believe "UCDBiochem" will be one of your classmates next year.

:clap: Congrats Neonam!! You're gonna have a good time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on your acceptance. If you have any questions about UCSF curriculum just let me know. Also, take advantage on the Camping trip that UCSF offers incoming students. Participating in this allows you to interact with 50 of your classmates and it's just a fun way to meet and talk with your classmates.

Camping with only 50 people! I was hoping to see at least 100 of my fellow classmates sitting around a camp fire, roasting marshmallows, and singing corny songs. By the way, when does the hoopla begin, right before matriculation starts? Alrighty down to business...I would like to ask you some questions if you will be gracious enough to entertain them:

1. Do you recommend getting a lap-top while at UCSF? Are the lecture halls set up to have AC outlets near every seat? Do the students use lap-tops for taking notes?

2. How do you like the upper classmen? Are they approachable, or do you stick with the people within your own class? How do you like your classmates? How do you like your instructors? Do you feel what you are learning is relevant to pharmacy?

3. At what point are we allowed to do internships after being enrolled at UCSF? Do you recommend working during the first year? Are there other opportunities besides the retail setting to get a better feel of the opportunities available to burgeoning pharmacists, say doing a research project under the supervision of a UCSF researcher?

4. In your opinion, what part of SF is the best place for a UCSF student to live? What is considered a resonable amount to pay on rent? What is the average debt acquired by a UCSF pharmacy student per year?

5. I understand that, as a first year student, you are buddied up with a upper classman who is suppose to serve as a mentor. Do you feel that your mentor is helping you to have a more complete understanding of UCSF and pharmacy as a profession itself?

6. As a first year student, do you think the program is challenging and nurturing you to become a competent, knowledgeable, and caring pharmacist? On a scale of one to ten, ten being unbearable, how demanding is the Pharm D program? Are the students competiive with each other?

Well, only six long-winded questions. Feel free to only answer the ones you feel like answering. Thanks in advance for your input.

I'll second Triangulation's :clap: ! Getting into UCSF is a great accomplishment!

A heart-felt thanks goes out to all those who gave me their sincerest congratulations. Yeah, I had to work my toochie off to get into UCSF, but I want to be one of the best phamacist and be trained by some of the best. Let's hope everything works out...Good luck to all who are starting pharmacy school next year.

To answer your questions:

1) I purchased a lap-top before coming to UCSF. I personally recommend it, since it's very convenient. Lecture halls are actually wireless, making it earsier. Students in my class don't bring their lap-tops to take notes...they may bring it to search the net or check e-mail when their bored with the lecture material.

2) I personally like all the upper classmen. They've been very helpful and informative. My class is the "best". When midterms come around, some of my classmates will be sending out study material and past examinations to help us with our studies. Once you're in this "professional" program you're treated like family. It's not as competitive as it was in undergrad. Now to answer your question about the instructors...Personally I feel that out of all the classes I've had so far, I've only had "3" really great professors. Some of the work/classes is irrelevant to our profession and unfortunately you will have to experience that next year. If you have any questions....just send me an e-mail and I can tell you more in detail.

3) During your Fall quarter you will register to become an intern. Eventhough you're an intern during your 1st year at UCSF and might consider working at a pharmacy...these hours won't count towards your 900 hours. At UCSF, you can't accumulate your hours until the end of your 1st year. (USC students can accumulate up to 250 hours during their 1st year). One of my classmates is currently during research and their are opportunities and you'll hear more about this in the Fall and winter quarter.

4) I currently love the place i'm at. I live in Aldea Housing (single student housing). I have my own place and pay ~$830. A lot of my classmates live in Turk housing and this is cool if you like the whole dorm style and wouldn't mind sharing a bathroom with like 3 other girls. If it's convenience and distance....some of my classmates got avenue housing which is walking distance to school. If you haven't already....just sign up for campus housing, because it's really tough to find housing up here for an affordable price. Depending on where you live...you could pay around $500-600 if you share a room, or some of my classmates are paying around $1200 a month. Just depends on what's available when you come up.

5) My advisor is really cool. He e-mailed me during the summer and just gave me a brief description about himself. During the Fall quarter he gave me his other advissee some of his Fall quarter material...which really came in handy. My mentor/advisor was there to assist in my study material....not necessarily in my view of pharmacy as a profession.

6) This last question is tough. Since with my curriculum thus far, I don't believe that the program really has prepared me for the pharmacy profession. Like I said before....some of the classes we took I feel (and majority of my classmates would agree with me) are irrelevant to our profession. I heard from 2nd year students that as a 2nd year you would get into classes that actually pertain to our profession.

I hope I answered most of your questions. If you have any more...please feel free to e-mail me....since I check my e-mail on a regular basis. take care

Thanks, UCSFPharmGirl8, for being gracious enough to take the time to answer my questions. I don't know what it is about UCSF, but it seems that they have a student population that kicks butt!!! (Please excuse if I sound a little proud of my soon-to-be alma mater.) I was reading some threads on the forum for the medical students, and some of the first and second year UCSF med students out did themselves in attempting to help prospective medical students. Anyway, I think UCSFPharmGirl8 belongs to that category of selfless, thoughtful health professionals. I only hope that I can be like you guys when it's my turn. I will denitely follow-up and e-mail you if any more questions should arise. Thanks again!

UCSFPharmgirl everything is going to s$#t at my Walgreens. Bryon's cutting his hours, Nancy's trying to cut her hours, and the good techs are leaving. Fortunately, one of the bad techs (me) is leaving too.

Hey Triangulation,

How are you doing....besides work?? Nancy and Bryan are really good people/pharmacist...it will definitely suck when their hours are reduced. How is your new manager, John? So who's leaving your store?? Hey when are we going to meet up??? I'll make sure to meet up with you before you move to southern california. It's so sad...you're a really nice guy and I really didn't get the opportunity to hang out with you :( . Well just e-mail me to let me know you're doing fine. take care.

Hey everyone!

This is my first time on Student Doctor and I just wanted to say Hi to my new future class of 2007 at UCSF. September is only a few short months away. I cant wait!

JD

Originally posted by jdao410
Hey everyone!

This is my first time on Student Doctor and I just wanted to say Hi to my new future class of 2007 at UCSF. September is only a few short months away. I cant wait!

JD

Yey! Another JD! :D

Jd

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, welcome, jdao410! It's nice to meet another incoming UCSF pharmacy student. Hope to see you during the student sponsored orientations.
Two questions for UCSFpharmgirl, where did you guys go for your class camping trip? What will be covered during the three days of student orientations?

Well our camping trip was at Livermore....not the greatest site. I think we are planning on different sites for this September. This camping trip is also scheduled the Thursday, a week before school begins. Another wonderful opportunity is going on the City Tours that are scheduled on the Saturday before school starts. I think you'll hear about this during your summer vacation.
During the student orientations (scheduled Monday-Wednesday) you'll be given all this information about the UCSF curriculum. You'll meet the Dean and other professors/faculty. You'll be given information about where to go to pay tuition, housing....stuff like that. Also you'll have time to interact with 2nd and 3rd year students and ask them any questions. In one of the orientation day...there would be a student panel of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year pharmacy students who will give you guys their views of our curriculum and also answer any of your questions. There so many things that I'm having a hard time remembering it all, sorry. I hope I answered your questions.

Originally posted by UCSFpharmgirl8
Well our camping trip was at Livermore....not the greatest site. I think we are planning on different sites for this September. This camping trip is also scheduled the Thursday, a week before school begins. Another wonderful opportunity is going on the City Tours that are scheduled on the Saturday before school starts. I think you'll hear about this during your summer vacation.
During the student orientations (scheduled Monday-Wednesday) you'll be given all this information about the UCSF curriculum. You'll meet the Dean and other professors/faculty. You'll be given information about where to go to pay tuition, housing....stuff like that. Also you'll have time to interact with 2nd and 3rd year students and ask them any questions. In one of the orientation day...there would be a student panel of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year pharmacy students who will give you guys their views of our curriculum and also answer any of your questions. There so many things that I'm having a hard time remembering it all, sorry. I hope I answered your questions.

Geez, you crazy CA people! When are your day-spa visits and pedicures? Did they schedule your bikini waxes yet? haha, just having some fun with the CA crowd that DOMINATES the forum. Do they give out merit badges in pharmacokinetics or pharmaceutics on your camping trips or is "everyone a winner here"? I'll start your bubble bath...

:D

jd

Thanks, UCSFpharmgirl, for the detailed answers. Yeah, Livermore is not the first place that pops into my mind when I think about camping in N. California. But I guess the purpose of the camping trip is to get better acquainted with the other incoming students, admiring nature being secondary. Funny remarks, JD, and by the way, we're all winners for getting into pharmacy school, especially if that school happens to be UCSF. I think I'll have my latte now...

Hey UCSFPharmgirl.

John left. Very long story. BTW, I'm trying to get that genius classmate of yours Michelle to take my spot at Walgreens. I was talking to her a couple days ago and one of her high school classmates is best buds with my cousin at Scripps College.

Oh yeah and Nancy totally rocks if she was forty years younger, I'd date her in heartbeat;)

Hey dude,

So when is your last day at the pharmacy? Will I'll meet up with you before you go down to lovely Southern California? Right now i'm so stressed....studying for finals. I can't wait for summer vacation...hopefully I have the chance to work with you before you move down. I know you posted a question....asking if school gives you enough $$$$$...just to answer that. In my case I had to work 2-days a week to pay for my "personal" expenses. The school tries to give you enough money for their "estimated" cost of living...through grants, sub/unsub. loans....it just depends on the students expenses....which in my case I have to pay car payments/cell phones....stuff like that. Hope that helps. Well I guess I'll talk to you laters.

How are you guys still taking finals? I've been done for a MONTH, and even that was late for around here. Are you taking summer classes, or does school not start until like October or something?

Jd

Most UC schools are on the on the quarter system, with the exception of UC Berkeley, which means that classes start during mid September to the end of the month. Hence, summer starts later for us.

Hey everyone

Hope all of you are doing great and making the most of the summer!

I was wondering if any of you can give some input on how the Avenue campus houses are? I am really debating whether to go with this option since its really cheap ($367 which includes furnished and utilities) and seems to be very close to campus. THe only downside that prevents me from deciding right away is that I would have to share a room and I am not sure how big the room/house is. The street address is 1478 Fifth Ave if that helps any. Thanks in advance for any input!!!

JD #2

Those houses are nice. I think ucsfpharm lives in that area. I live on 11th ave and that's only a ten min walk to ucsf so fifth (basically on campus) will be a snap. They give you an incredible deal compared to renting on your own. You'd be wise to take that housing option.

Yeah, I considered campus housing, but when I found out that you have to share a room with another person, I quickly torpedoed the idea. I don't know, after sharing rooms while growing up and during part of my undergrad career, now that I'm older, I like having my own room. Jdao410, if you don't mind giving up a little privacy, you'll end up saving a lot of money. From what I understand, if you stay with campus housing during your first year, afterwards you are eligible to subscribe to another living arrangement where you can have your own room, I think. Contact campus housing to see if this is true or not. As for me, I think it's gonna cost me a small mortgage to get my own place somewhere in the inner sunset district...

neonam11

I totally felt the same too. I was soo adamant about wanting to get my own room too because Ive already done the undergrad roommate thing, and sometimes you just need your privacy. But after campus housing told me the price, ive decided to suck it up for a year and go with it.

Hopefully it wont be too bad and maybe ill get some real cool roommates. IF anything, there is always next year to get my own place when i am more familiar with the area.

Have you had any luck finding a place yet?

jon

jda0410,

Well, the price you're paying,$367, is about half the cost of what a room goes for in SF. Yeah, the cool thing about getting housing owned by the school is that you get to meet people from the different programs at UCSF. Another cool thing about university housing is that it's a hop and skip away from the main campus. I think if you participate in the university housing for a year, you might still be able to live there but get your own room?
As for me, I've been looking on the on-line bulletin board looking for a place close to campus, preferably sharing the place with one or two more roommates. The rent these potential renters are asking for is reasonable, which is around $600-$900/month.

Hey you guys,

I totally know what you guys are going thru with housing. As for me, I didn't want to share a room and taking the chance of being stuck with a bad roommate. Luckily, I was offered my own apartment "Aldea Housing" and pay around $830 a month...which is a lot of money....but I have a 1-bedroom apartment and my own parking, which is really nice since I don't know how to parallel park :) A lot of my classmates got Avenue housing...and some rooms are pretty big...but the main thing is that it's affordable. You're taking the chance...but the following year you could apply for your own room...but it's the "lottery" system...unfortunately you're not offerred your own room. If money is an issue...consider Avenue housing....if not just keep looking at Craiglist for housing options.

Hey UCSFPharmgirl,

Congratulations on finishing your first year at UCSF! Looking back, do you have any juicy advice you can share with incoming students? What would you have done differently? What would you keep the same? Where are you working this summer? Thanks.

Hey Jdao,

I just nabbed myself a great place on 12th Avenue and Parnassus, which should take about 15 minutes to walk to school. I thought about getting a Vespa motor skooter, but after my female friends admired how "cute" my future cobalt blue skooter looks, I think I'll walk come rain or shine.

Anyway, the rent is $650/month, including utilities. It definitely costs more than your place, but I'll have my own room, which at this point is very high on my list for staying sane while studying at UCSF.

Hey Neonam,

How is you summer going thus far?? Are you currently working or just enjoying your summer break before beginning school? As for me i'm working at Walgreen's Pharmacy....I really enjoy working there, I love my co-workers and the awesome computer system. Advice I can give you is to make the most of your 1st year at UCSF. Really take advantage of all the activities/events that are going on and just try to have as much fun....because starting your second year the material gets harder and you won't have time to do as much. Also try to join as many clubs/school activities that you can and also a Fraternity. I'm involved with one of them and I really enjoy being part of this group. As for school work....all I can say is try to keep up and try not to procrastinate...which is easier said that done in my case. I guess that's one thing I would of done differently....I should of concentrated more in my classes and not work so much. Right now all I can say is try to enjoy the remaining of your summer and sign up for the camping trip if you haven't done so and just look forward in meeting 120 new people.

UCSFpharmgirl8

My summer is going well; I'm continuing my gig as a research associate at a biotech firm in S. San Francisco and won't resign until the day before the camping trip. You know, even in this tough economy, it's so hard for me to get laid off (I want the 12 months of unemployment), and I thought of many ways to get fired, but I think the bad karma will come back to haunt me.

Yeah, I'm trying to save up as much money as possible because I don't plan on working while going through school, at least not more tha five hours per week. I know the money will come in handy, but for me, I'm there to learn about pharmacy as much as possible. I'll definitely take your advice and participate in as much clubs as possible. The fraternity thing sounds cool, but if I have to do dumb stunts during the initiation, I think I'll pass. My dentist is a UCSF alumni who joined the dental fraternity and said he had to do some silly stuff to get in.

As for the camping trip, I don't think OSACA has sent out any information about the student sponsored orientation nor the official one which starts on September 15th. Maybe it will come in August...However, the alumni association did send us a small booklet published by Pfizer profiling the different occupations pharmacists hold, which makes a pretty cool coffee table book.

Hey, during your first year, where were most of your lectures held? I'm going to move to SF pretty soon and thought about checking out the classrooms before school starts: I want to see how many electrical outlets each lecture hall accomodates, so I can buy the proper laptop.

Enjoy the rest of your summer as well, and thank you for responding. Hey, pretty soon we'll be able to meet each other.

Hi Neonam,

If I may ask....what have you been doing at work on trying to get laid off??? That's good that you're working throughout the summer....but are you sure you don't want to quit a week before the camping trip so you could just relax or take a small vacation with some of your friends??
If you can afford not working during the school year....that's great, but unfortunately for me I had no choice.
About the fraternity thing....all I can say that my fraternity I didn't have to perform any "dumb" stunts....so no worries. But just look into it and if you find one that you're interested, it doesn't hurt to join.
I guess you'll be receiving information about the orientation stuff early August. You'll totally enjoy the camping trip, I know I did. However, I didn't stay the whole time. We left that same night around 11pm, because the following morning was just breakfast and going home and we didn't want to stay for that....and instead we wanted to get situated with the whole new environment. I guess when we were leaving ....we started a trend and several other groups decided to leave. I heard approximately 20-30 people left. I'm not sure if this year they're going to allow people to leave that night or be more strict about that.
Most of my lectures were held in HSW 300, 301, 302 and 303 rooms and also nursing rooms I think it's nursing 225 I forget the number I usually just follow the crew when going to classes. Also we had some of clinical pharmacy classes in the big COLE lecture hall. If you want me to show you around when you move up....just let me know. I could show you the computer lab, where our classes were. If you want to go to the gym....you could try to ask them if you can take your student id picture early so you could have access to using the gym....since it's free. Just bring proof that your registered to start school in the fall.
Well I hope you enjoy your summer and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. bye-bye

UCSFpharmgirl8,

On trying to getting laid off, I haven't done anything outrageous liking grabbing a lady's butt or anything, but I can say that my productivity decreased by as much as 50% when I got the offer of admission from UCSF. On Thursday we all got a message from our CEO, and I prayed it was another round of layoff (the first one only reduced the company's workforce by 5%) but instead it was good news; we got a partnership with Novartis! Oh well, back to the salt mines. :p

No, I don't think I can afford to resign early, especially after seeing how much the tuition increased for UCSF thanks to our lovely state deficit, $11,000+ for student fees per year, seesh! Well, at least we don't have it as bad as the dentistry students...

Hey, if you join a fraternity or sorority, how much does it cost to live in their residence? My dentist said that one of the perks is that you get cheap housing, which is a very good reason to join. Heck, I'll strip down to my boxers and sing a Britney Spears song if it means that I can get cheap housing in SF.

Wow, you mean to say that the camping trip was a one day, one night excursion? My hope was that it would end at the soonest on Friday night. I just got a letter from Orientation 2003 committee today directing us to go to the new student website to download and fill out the orientation application yet did not find what I was looking for when I logged on. Perhaps OSACA did not update this webpage in time?

Sorry to bug you again about the laptop issue, but are there a lot of electrical outlets in the lecture halls?

By the way, it would be cool if you could show me around when I move up to SF and will definitely take you up on the offer. As for the gym membership, I can wait because I already have a universal membership at 24 Hours Fitness. Thanks for the response, and I'll PM you just as soon as I get settled in my adopted home, which probably means mid-August. And if some of you lurkers happen to be incoming UCSF pharmacy students, why don't you join us? Later.

neonam11 it looks like life is good for you.

Hey Neonam,

It's true that by joining a fraternity your rent is a little cheaper. However, there's usually a lot of people interested and not enough rooms and the lottery system decides who gets to have the room. I would totally love to see you or any guy sing to a "Britney Spears" song.....that'll be so funny. You know what.....I'm going to attend your Camping trip and I might just nominate you for the evening activities....so be prepared ;) The camping trip is only a day....we leave thursday morning and come back that following friday morning. I thought its plenty of time to meet and hang out with your classmates. About your laptop issue....from what I'm aware of our rooms are "wireless". So you don't have to worry about electrical outlets. I just do know how you go about it in installing it to have "wireless" connection to your computer. But if I show you around campus I can take up to the computer lab and maybe our Computer lab person can assist you with that. Also, there's plenty of electrical outlets....just in case your battery runs out of juice. Just let me know when you move up and when you want to go onto campus and hopefully i'm free. bye-bye

UCSFpharmgirl8,

The links to the web page for student sponsored as well as the official orientations is working, which now allows me to download the application form for the camping trip. Just for the record, where are we going? I tried to contact Lillie and Marin (you're pals, I presume?), but I think that I won't get a response until tomorrow at the earliest.

Alrighty, now I really have to practice if I am going to make a fool out of myself in front of fifty of my collegues. Oh well, by the time we graduate, I'm sure we'll know all of our classmates quirks, one of the many joys of being in professional school together.

UCSFpharmgirl8,

I just got the e-mail from Marin, so Livermore it is. I hope to see you all of you guys there.

Thanks to neonam11 for asking all these useful questions for us newbies and thanks to UCSFpharmgirl8 for your insight and experiences.

Unfortunately, I didn't sign up for the camping trip as I will be out of town until Sat afternoon. Would you recommend any of the Sunday tours of the City?

In any case, look forward to meeting all of you at the mandatory orientation. hehe

T^3

You're welcome, player0917, nothing pleases me more than helping people. Oh yeah, welcome to UCSF family. I have a feeling we'll begin by shedding a lot of tears together after finding out how much our student fees have increased this year.
O.K., once we get to meet each other at orientations, are we going to reveal our true identity? Personally, I want to know who saucy is. As for me, you guys already know what I look like since I posted my picture on another thread.
Hey, UCSFpharmgirl8, please check your private message box.
Catch you all sooner or later.

welcome player 0917 to the UCSF family. Too bad that you're unable to go on the camping trip. Your really going to miss Neonam singing to a "Britney Spears" song :laugh: .
I personally felt that the camping trip gave me a good opportunity to hang out with half of my classmates. As for the city tours...I'm not sure which tours are planned for Sunday. However, if you never really been in San Francisco I highly recommend doing one of the the city tours. Last year I remember going on the "downtour" tour. We went to Union Square and to China Town...it was really fun. For those of you who are class of 2007....you guys should plan to meet up during orienation to reveal who you are. Hey neonam....I didn't get your message. Could you resend it.

Alrighty, UCSFpharmgirl, I sent you another pm. Hey, a few more questions:

Because I might be needing a little bit more cash than expected, is it easy to find a part-time job at a retail pharmacy, located somewhere in the City?

What kinds of hours do these retail pharmacies expect you to work? I don't want to sound like a wimp, but my max is 8 hours/week. I want to spend the rest of the time studying, disgusting, huh?

Oh, for all of my classmates here are our stats:

Typical Entering Class Profile
Based on the class entering in fall 2003

Overall Grade Point Average (GPA)
The average is 3.54, the range is 2.68 to 3.97.

Entering Prepharmacy GPA
The average is 3.43, the range is 2.32 to 4.00.

Entering Overall Units
The average is 207.84, the range is 100.5 to 312.0.

Class Size
122 students for each class year.

69.0% Female

Nationality
86.5% United States citizens
13.5% Not United States citizens

Country of Origin
Afghanistan, Armenia, Brazil, Burma, Cambodia, Canada, China, France, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam

Residency
84.1% California residents
13.5% non-California US residents
less than 3% non-US residents

The average is 25, the range is 20 to 52.

Ethnicity
38.9% Asian
22.2% Caucasian
18.3% Underrepresented minorities (including African American, Chicano / Latino, Filipino, Pacific Islander, American Indian)
07.1% Other
13.5% Unknown

Birthplace
65.1% born inside the United States
32.9% born outside the United States

Schooling Prior to UCSF
97.5% four-year college or university only
02.5% community college only

Degree When Entering
98.4% Bachelor's
00.1% Master's or PhD
01.6% no degree

Majors
Top 2 majors: Biochemistry and Biological Sciences.

Less common majors: Animal Physiology, Animal Science, Animal Science & Management, Applied Ecology & Environmental Analysis, Applied Computer Science, Asian Studies, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysiology, Biopsychology, Business Management, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Management, Genetics, Japanese, Literature, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Molecular & Cell Biology, Natural & Agricultural Resources, Neurobiology, Neurophysiology, Nutrition & Food Science, Pharmacology, Philosophy, Psychology, Psychobiology, Social Welfare, Sociology, Spanish, Women's Studies

Hey Neonam,

You shouldn't find it difficult to find a job working at a Retail Store. A lot of students will reduce to working 1 day a week after the summer ends....therefore providing more opportunities to hire "new" people. working 8 hours a week is possible if you work in a retail chain store...however I hear that Kaiser expects their interns to work at least 13 hours a week. So just look into the minimum requirements when you decide to find a store. I finally got your pm...so check your e-mail. bye-bye

Hey wait a minute, UCSFpharmgirl8, how did you get my UCSF e-mail address (I'm sure I didn't enter that info on my SDN profile), unless you are one of the orientation coordinators or have been talking to them? Are you? :p I'm just curious, that's all.

Hey Neonam,

I believe you put your ucsf e-mail info on your profile. When I read your PM I just forwarded to the e-mail you listed. Also just to let you know I'm also one of the orientation coordinators, however we are not provided with your information or anyone in your class. Only the Head Coordinators, which are Marin and Lilie have your info. Don't worry...i'm not stalking you :laugh:

Nah, since Tri said you're smitten with someone else, I doubt you're the stalker type. Hey, did you get my e-mail response?

Hey Neonam,

I didn't get your last e-mail. The only day that i'm available to meet up with you will be Friday the 22nd. I can't meet tomorrow...have other stuff to do. So if you still want a tour of the campus just let me know what time is good for you. bye-bye

UCSFpharmgirl,

Yeah, in my e-mail I said that Friday after 6:00 pm would work for me as well. Why don't we meet at the Millberry Student Union at 6:00 pm? Do you have time for coffee or something to munch on afterwards? :p

Hey Neonam,

Friday after 6pm will be fine with me. Let's meet up at 6:30pm at Millberry Union. I'll show you around campus, however some of the places might already be closed...but that's okay. Yeah i'll have time for either coffee or something to eat (I love coffee).
So Friday it is. bye-bye

Sounds great! I'll be the Asian guy wearing the grey hooded polo sweatshirt. :)