UCSD Extension, UNE Online, or SCU of Health Sciences - Which is preferable to medical schools for accepting retaken premedical prerequisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applebananas

Reaction score
Hello! I am a little conflicted right now. So basically, I just graduated from my 4-year university and I have completed all of my pre-medical prerequisites. Unfortunately, for one of my classes, Biology 2, I did not receive a passing grade (received a grade lower than a C in the lecture but received a passing grade in the lab, so I do not need to take the lab again) and so I will need to retake the course. Due to working full-time, I was interested in an asynchronously online program so that I can take this one course. I have been trying to research these schools but am having a very difficult deciding and would like help on the following questions if anyone knows the answers to them:

1. since these are all online, which is preferable for a pre-med prerequisite for medical schools: UCSD Extension, UNE Online, or Southern California University of Health Sciences? (just biology 2 lecture, no labs)
  2. do any of these (UCSD Extension, UNE Online, or Southern California University of Health Sciences) say "online" on the transcript after a grade is received for the class?
  3. I know UCSD Extension is on a quarter system (I think?) so it is a 4.5 credit course (this is the course without the lab), what does that basically mean? How differently would it be counted? Southern California University of Health Sciences is 3 credits, but I can't find the information on whether it is a semester or quarter grading if it even applies? What about UNE Online (it has a combined lecture and lab only, which is 4 credits)?
  4. I do not need to retake the lab for the course, only the lecture. I don't think UNE Online allows for taking them separately :( UCSD Extension and Southern California University of Health Sciences do allow for separate lab and lecture, so what is probably better?

Members don't see this ad.