UCONN Psychlogy program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yalebound13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on attending UCONN and i want some peoples thoughts on what they think about UCONNs department of psychology

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on attending UCONN and i want some peoples thoughts on what they think about UCONNs department of psychology

If you got in there, congrats! Its a tough program to get into. Its a strong department and in a great town. I dont know the inner workings or dynamics of the program though.

what do you think would be an above average, competitive act score

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you think would be an above average, competitive act score

Oh, I dont know about that. I thought you were referring to their clinical psych grad program. As a school, U Conn has a good rep. However, nothing too special that would seperate form most large state schools though. Great basketball too.

i wanto know what would be some competitive act scores that would set me aside from the rest? thats my question.

UConn has GREAT faculty members doing lots of grand funded work. They also have an additional center (CHIP center) dedicated specifically to health risk behavior and at-risk populations; if you're interested in HIV research, def check it out: http://www.chip.uconn.edu/

Aside from CHIP, there is lots of research being done in the psych department. Some of the biggest grants i can remember include research in autism, positive psych, and neuropsychology...

You could also email some of the grad students currently in the program if you want more info on it.

Good luck! :)

how can i find and talk to these grad students at UCONN?

how can i find and talk to these grad students at UCONN?

I'm confused, are you applying to do your undergrad at UConn or are you applying for graduate school? This is a graduate level forum, so you're not going to find much information here on undergraduate opportunities unless you happen to find someone who went to UConn and can tell you more. Also, if you are applying to their undergraduate program you do not need to be contacting graduate students about their research. That's jumping the gun quite a bit. You will have plenty of time to find out what they are doing when you get there.

As for competitive ACT scores, I don't know, it's been a while. Maybe a 25? Try looking at their admissions website.

If you got in there, congrats! Its a tough program to get into. Its a strong department and in a great town. I dont know the inner workings or dynamics of the program though.

I guess if you like cows and (lots of) trees and open fields then UConn is the place to be since the town basically is the university.

Besides that I find UConn an awsome school and by no means regret receiving my undergraduate education here. I would be willing to answer some questions, to some degree also about the graduate program. It is very hard to get in (for 2008 9 out 320 applicants got accepted) but the reward is big: excellent research opportunites, awesome and engaged professors, a lot of grant money (especially in the autism area, specifcially due to Prof. Deborah Fein), great clinical training and good funding.