Ucla

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fritz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that if UCLA did not send me anything yet, they don't like me and I should expect a rejection?
I have been complete since the beginning of September.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I received two letters from UCLA. The first letter said that they received my AMCAS application and they were reviewing it. The second letter came a few weeks later to notify me to complete their secondary application.

UCLA is really slow. Have you checked your status page? They do everything by mail so it takes forever. Good luck!! I also think they look at out of state people later than in-state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Fritz
Is it safe to assume that if UCLA did not send me anything yet, they don't like me and I should expect a rejection?
I have been complete since the beginning of September.
Thanks.

i do not think you should be concerned. this process is slow. take a breath and relax or you will drive yourself insane long before you even start med school.

I am Cali resident, and I thought I will get to interview earlier in the season, but I guess this state is full of premeds.

Originally posted by Fritz
I am Cali resident, and I thought I will get to interview earlier in the season, but I guess this state is full of premeds.

ding ding ding..........

and tell him what he wins bob..........

UCLA is slow, and I have no idea in what order they review application.

I'm a UCLA undergrad AND an international student. I completed my app on 9/18, and the interview offer came on 10/10. I believe this has much to do with the fact that I'm an undergrad here.

Last year I didn't hear anything at all from UCLA for maybe two and a half months. once I was offered an interview, all the early spots were full and I had to interview later on. Maybe February or so. I was accepted two weeks after my interview. UCLA moves in fits and starts. i wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. good luck.

--PittMed2007--

Originally posted by calebho501
UCLA is slow, and I have no idea in what order they review application.

I'm a UCLA undergrad AND an international student. I completed my app on 9/18, and the interview offer came on 10/10. I believe this has much to do with the fact that I'm an undergrad here.

nothing to do with it. as you may have guessed, i went to ucla, and they took their sweet ass time with my app. i think there they go more strictly by the numbers

Originally posted by DoctorWolf
UCLA is really slow. Have you checked your status page? They do everything by mail so it takes forever. Good luck!! I also think they look at out of state people later than in-state.

I'm an out-of-stater and my app was complete on 9/7 and i received my invite to interview on 10/2 so i don't think they make a distinction b/w in state / out of state. well as far as response time i guess. but then too, i'm an undergrad at ucla. dunno if that makes a difference.