UCLA vs Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdo94

Reaction score
Thankful to be in this situation. I was able to see UB in person, but I’m almost set on UCLA, but I'd appreciate any input from students from either school!

I would receive IS tuition for both schools as I'm using veteran benefits, so the tuition difference is not a huge factor for me. I also have family in the LA area, so cost of living is not so much of a factor either.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UCLA has pass/fail. It is very good for specializing, and there is no stress about keeping your grades high/compete with classmates.

Reactions: 1 user
UCLA has pass/fail. It is very good for specializing, and there is no stress about keeping your grades high/compete with classmates.
I’ve been keeping this in mind! I want to keep my options open for specializing in case that’s the route I choose to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you like warmer weather or colder weather? Do you like being around family or avoiding them?

Seems like UCLA would be the better choice given what youve said so far about family in LA, as well as specializing potential

Do you like warmer weather or colder weather? Do you like being around family or avoiding them?
Definitely a warm weather kinda person! I don’t really do well in cold but I could suffer temporarily.
And it’s actually my in-laws who I have great relationships with. At this point I think I’m gonna commit to ucla!

Seems like UCLA would be the better choice given what youve said so far about family in LA, as well as specializing potential
You’re right! I think I’m going to commit to them! I appreciate everyone’s input!