UCLA Pediatric Dentistry Residency Opening - Venice site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA Ven PD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to some unanticipated circumstances, I am pleased to let you know that the UCLA School of Dentistry has one open slot in its Venice CHAT Pediatric Dentistry Program. If you think you are qualified and you can get to campus by Monday June 30, 2008 to participate in the School and Medical Center Orientations (or you know someone else who is), we are interested in considering you for the spot. Information about the program is listed below. Please contact me by email [email protected] by noon (Pacific time zone) on Sunday June 29, 2008 and I will give you the details about where you need to be at 8:00 a.m. on Monday morning at the UCLA campus. In that email I would like the following information: your name, your email, your telephone numbers, your graduation date and your ADA accredited School.

On Monday you will need to bring the following additional materials:

1. General Application Form <http://www.dentistry.ucla.edu/CMS200Sample/uploadedFiles/General_Application.pdf> (with current photo attached).

2. Curriculum Vitae.

3. Copy of dental school transcript (official needs to be provided following acceptance).

4. Proof of graduation from an ADA accredited dental school.

5. Copy of National Board scores Part I (official needs to be provided following acceptance).

6. Three references with contact information who will be promptly available for a telephone call.

I look forward to hearing from you by noon on Sunday.

Sincerely,

James J. Crall, DDS, ScD
Professor & Chair, Section of Pediatric Dentistry
Director, MCHB National Oral Health Policy Center
UCLA School of Dentistry

Program Overview

Length of Program - 25 months

Number of Residents Selected Per Year - 2

Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation - 2008

Curriculum
The Residency program in Pediatric Dentistry is designed to produce strong, evidence-based Pediatric Dentists who may choose to pursue a career in Teaching, Practice and/or Public Health. For more information about the curriculum, please refer to the website (which is in the process of being updated to reflect our accredited status). http://dentistry.ucla.edu/Admissions/Residency/popup.asp?id=363

Requirements/Pre-requisites

• DDS or DMD from an ADA accredited dental school.
  • Above average academic achievement.
  • Proven interest in Pediatric Dentistry as expressed by involvement in related activities within and outside of the applicant’s dental school program.
  • Proven interest and involvement in community health projects.
  • Research experience desirable
Facilities

• UCLA Venice Dental Center clinics – 7 chairs dedicated to Pediatric Dentistry, all with Nitrous Oxide and 3 quiet rooms
  • UCLA Children’s Dental Center Clinic – 10 chairs, 6 with Nitrous Oxide, 2 quiet rooms
  • Numerous Community Health Centers
  • UCLA Center for the Health Sciences Hospital and OR facilities
  • Mattel Children’s Hospital
Program Strengths

• Strong academic University relationship
  • Strong interdisciplinary emphasis with Pediatric Medicine and Community Health Centers
  • Potential for Master’s Degree – with extension of training period
  • Diversified, experienced faculty
  • Integrated Center for the Health Sciences and Hospital experiences
  • Extensive resources for scholarly / research activities
  • Stipend with health benefits
  • Desirable location

Members don't see this ad.