UCLA AEGD Venice opening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA Venice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to some unanticipated circumstances, I am pleased to let you know that the UCLA School of Dentistry has an open slot in its Venice AEGD Program. If you think you are qualified and you can get to campus by Monday June 30, 2008 to participate in the School and Medical Center Orientations (or you know someone else who is), I am interested in considering you for the spot. Information about the program is listed below. Please contact me by email at [email protected] by noon (Pacific time zone) on Sunday June 29, 2008 and I will give you the details about where you need to be at 8:00 a.m. on Monday morning at the UCLA campus. In that email I would like the following information: your name, your email, your telephone numbers, your graduation date and your ADA accredited School.

For your interview on Monday you will need to bring the following additional materials:

1. General Application Form (with current photo attached).

2. Curriculum Vitae.

3. Copy of dental school transcript (official needs to be provided following acceptance).

4. Copy of National Board scores Part I (official needs to be provided following acceptance).

5. Three references with contact information who will be promptly available for a telephone call.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

David Reynolds

Program Director, Venice AEGD Residency Program

Information about the Program:

Program Overview

The Advanced Education in General Dentistry Venice Program is a one year postdoctoral certificate program with a major emphasis in clinical general dentistry. It is for those dental school graduates who plan to remain a general practitioner and who wish for additional intensive training in treating various complex and comprehensive cases. The program is designed to prepare each resident to provide culturally competent patient-centered care in the private practice setting or community clinic general dentistry environment. A graduate of this program would be expected to have a wide and in-depth level of skills and knowledge to practice general dentistry, and to be comfortable in having interactions with various dental specialties.

Length of Program - 12 months beginning July 1

Number of Residents Accepted Each Year - 5

Accreditation by Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.

Curriculum

The didactic portion of the program, which includes various aspects of basic and clinical sciences in dentistry, extends throughout the academic year. Topics covered include all specialty areas of dentistry, physical diagnosis, hospital dentistry, treatment planning, medical emergencies, conscious sedation, oral pathology/medicine, pharmacology, TMDs, implantology, literature review, basic and advanced cardiac life support, practice management, quality improvement, HIV infection and oral health. In addition, the program provides opportunities to develop community-based programs with local schools community organizations and with collaborating community medical clinics.

What to Expect

All patient care provided by residents is comprehensive. There are opportunities for the residents to enhance their clinical skills and knowledge in various dental disciplines such as prosthodontics, periodontal and oral surgery, esthetic dentistry, implant dentistry, endodontics, and care of the medically compromised patient. Faculty coverage is provided at all clinic sessions. The residents also have access to full dental laboratory support. The residents’ weekly schedule often involves 50+ hours in the clinic and classes. Residents also have after-hour call responsibilities. The majority of the residents' clinical experiences occur at the Wilson-Jennings-Bloomfield UCLA Venice Dental Center.

Requirements/Pre-requisites

- D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree from an A.D.A. Accredited dental school
- Successful completion of National Boards Part I and II

Selection Factors

- Proficiency in clinical dentistry.

- Commitment to further learning and professional growth.”

Members don't see this ad.