UCD acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jocks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Looks like UCD has started to send out acceptances. I was on a canadian forum and someone had an acceptance package dated Feb. 17th. I'm kind of kicking myself for not choosing the courier option.

Members don't see this ad.

Jocks said:
Hey everyone,

Looks like UCD has started to send out acceptances. I was on a canadian forum and someone had an acceptance package dated Feb. 17th. I'm kind of kicking myself for not choosing the courier option.

Which Canadian forum were you on? Seems pretty early for replies....you think that guy/girl was being legit with their post?

JDiddy said:
Which Canadian forum were you on? Seems pretty early for replies....you think that guy/girl was being legit with their post?

www.premed101.com It doesn't get the same volume of posts as SDN, but there is never any flaming and rarely has false posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gave AB a shout a couple of days ago to see if anything was happening and it is true that UCD and RCSI have started to send out offers. However, Nealon said that most would be coming in the next couple of weeks.

And yes, I seriously don't thing Big Gun has anything to do with his time better than being a wanker.

i decided to call UCD admissions myself.

They told me that acceptances go out sporatically right until about the end of march (also there are waitlist slots). In anycase, most should know by end of march if they have an offer.

I apologize for the off-topic post:

Is there any way to block posts from certain individuals? Big Gun's begging for attention is getting annoying.

Cheers.

yes.

Click on his name and you will see the option to ignore user. Then you cannot see his posts and he cannt msg you.

As a sidenote to all. Every one of Big Guns posts (all 10 of them) are negative. While im sure some of the information is correct (as ive heard some of it before) I very much doubt he is a physician. Really, why would someone come on this website after being successful, insult people who are far more experienced than he is and bash his former school?

Why would he care? People like this are typically the ones who failed and did not make it. Big gun, why dont you put your money where your mouth is and tell me your name and where your in residency. I will find out if you are in residency and if you graduated RSCI since its public domain. You already have your degree, so you say, therefore you have nothing to lose as they cannot revoke it now.

Oh... whats that I hear? Oh, an excuse as to why you wont tell me.... somehow im not surprised. Buddy, go away,this is not my first rodeo just a different set of clowns, i wont be falling for your BS.

Damn I wish I chose the courier option now. I wonder if the AB can give out my credit card number to the schools.

Hey guys I've been kicking around this forum for a couple of years now. Last year a troll by the name of PBateman got banned for doing the same thing Big-gun is doing now. In fact more than likely they are the same person. Search the archives for his posts, they're a riot. Much love for the anonymity of the internet.
Anyhoo, don't let him bother you much, he just likes to see people react.

Cheers,
Jocks

Got my acceptance package today from UCD. The deposit of 3174 Euro is due March 10 and tuition for 2006/7 is 25,000 Euro.

Is the deposit transferable to the other Irish schools if they give you an offer later? Somehow I don't think so. Everything is so rushed.

Has anyone considered Caribbean schools like Ross?

Arb said:
Got my acceptance package today from UCD. The deposit of 3174 Euro is due March 10 and tuition for 2006/7 is 25,000 Euro.

Is the deposit transferable to the other Irish schools if they give you an offer later? Somehow I don't think so. Everything is so rushed.

Has anyone considered Caribbean schools like Ross?

So I can stop biting my nails. I just got my acceptance package today from UCD. The deposit is due March 17th (St. Patty's Day!) and the full tuition August 1st. No, like all schools, they are not willing to give away their money to the competition.

As for Caribbean schools, there are debates all over the place. My personal feeling from the research I've done is that it won't give you any real advantage as long as your willing to put in extra USMLE studying in Ireland. don't flame me...just personal opinion.

Cheers,
Jocks

That's not fair. My deposit is due March 10th. One of the letters is dated February 13 and another is February 17. What date do you have? Hopefully,UCD sends out offers every week.

Arb said:
That's not fair. My deposit is due March 10th. One of the letters is dated February 13 and another is February 17. What date do you have? Hopefully,UCD sends out offers every week.

Letters dated Feb 24th...looks like it's weekly.

Please, for those who are not interested in UCD, decline their offer right away.

well

good luck to those who have gotten offers! I hope there is still a shot for the rest of us

Are the acceptance packages coming direct from Ireland or via Atlantic Bridge?

good luck to those still waiting. I see that UCD isn't offering much time for people to make decisions. What about those of you who applied to more than one place? Anyway, I applied to Trinity and UCD (and separately to UCG)........and haven't heard. I need to stop reading this board until I hear something b/c it's making me antsy (sp?)!

leorl said:
It is possible to call AB and ask about your status. I bet they hate it, but it is an option, they might be able to give you some help or reassurance

A word of warning about doing this...ok more of a story: So I wake up this past monday sick as a dog, and check the mail, and huzzah there are 3 separate rejection letters, including one post-interview from RCSI. Thinking I had aced the interview I start getting all nervous and what-not, wondering if I'm going to get in ANYWHERE. So I call Peter Nealon and chat with him about the rejection, and I get the whole "there were many great applicants speech". I then ask if UCD had sent anything, he checks my file and says no, so far they had not extended me an offer. THE VERY NEXT DAY I come home to see a fedex package with a UCD offer in it....honestly, I think I would have been better off not asking.

Anyhoo that's my story, I hope it was entertaining and informative lol.

Cheers,
Jocks