UC Post bac's cycle 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still have not had my interview yet, it is @ 1, any pointers?
The two interviewers I had were (1) the coordinator (2) an alum of the program (he graduated from the 2014-2015 cohort). I recommend asking questions pertaining to the program at the end to show your sincere interest and share your experience working with the underserved. When I was interviewed, they seemed cheerful and not formal like I thought so don't be anxious! Make it conversational and casual. Good luck and I'm sure you will do great! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I just had my interview, And I think it went pretty well. I was nervous but the interviewers were really nice! So, if anyone else is interviewing with them, don't be intimidated.

Reactions: 3 users
So I just had my interview, And I think it went pretty well. I was nervous but the interviewers were really nice! So, if anyone else is interviewing with them, don't be intimidated.
Do they start off by asking "tell us about yourself?"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That is relieving to hear I'm not the only one! I really hope we both are invited for the second in-person interview! I was thrown off and confused too that they didn't ask "why medicine?". I will constantly be checking my email from this point on, lol. Did you ask them any follow up with any questions towards the end of the interview?

Yea my interview was two people as well. I asked a few follow up questions like about when we take the MCAT, housing etc. what about you?

Yea hopefully we don't have to wait too long! Last year those who got the preliminary interview got the second one within a week. The others didn't get rejected till later though, it seems like

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Oh and I got rejected from UCI today! lol

Oh and I got rejected from UCI today! lol

We're on the same boat with UCI! lol
emoji122.png
emoji122.png
I like your spirit and attitude about that though haha. I hope we are also on the same boat with acceptance to UCD!!! :D

So who got accepted to where and rejected to where so far? Just curious.

Done with first interview for UCD! Felt a bit short.
I was told we would hear back by May regardless if it's invite or no invite.

Done with first interview for UCD! Felt a bit short.
I was told we would hear back by May regardless if it's invite or no invite.

How long did yours last? Lol

Congrats to all who finished thier interviews. Still nothing on my end. No interviews or rejection letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received second interview for UCD! Scheduled for May 9th :love:

Reactions: 6 users
tt
I see, I am pretty worried at the moment considering that you all received calls and I did not.

What time did you have your interview?
I get you, but don't be too worried it's still soon! I had mine at 4:15

Received second interview for UCD! Scheduled for May 9th :love:
Congratulations on hearing back from them for the second interview! I'm hopeful I'm contacted soon for a 2nd interview as I've already been rejected to UCI...When you were contacted by Lorena, did she specify a time frame for the on-campus interview?

Regarding FAFSA, what did you put regarding questions 29 and 30: "Student's Grade Level in College in 2016-2017" and "Type of Degree/Certificate", respectively?

Congratulations on hearing back from them for the second interview! I'm hopeful I'm contacted soon for a 2nd interview as I've already been rejected to UCI...When you were contacted by Lorena, did she specify a time frame for the on-campus interview?
She said it would take 2 hours

Regarding FAFSA, what did you put regarding questions 29 and 30: "Student's Grade Level in College in 2016-2017" and "Type of Degree/Certificate", respectively?
For my FAFSA, I answered: "5TH YR./OTHER UNDERGRADUATE" for Question 29 and "CERTIFICATE/DIPLOMA (OCCUPATIONAL/TECHNICAL/EDUCATION PROGRAM OF LESS THAN 2 YR.)" for Question 30. I hope that helps you! :]

Does anyone know what the everyday schedule looks like during the regular school year? Would we have time to do research full time?

I know for UCSF they require that you do not have a job/work throughout the program. Not sure about research/volunteer work.

I'm so nervous about not hearing back from UC Davis or UC Riverside yet... :(

wow, most of you guys have already heard back for the second interview :( I just got a rejection email from UCI and that's it, haven't heard from UCD or UCSF yet :arghh: I can't take this any longer. :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
I believe UCLA contacted a few of us (based on the slots filled on the doodle poll). Does anyone know anything about the RAP program?

Hello, guys!
Congratulations to those who got accepted already!

I have a question regarding UCI's post bacc program for non-science majors. Has anyone applied to that one?
There is not a lot of info about it online. I know UCI disadvantaged program accepted 8 people this year, but does it include Career-Changer post bacc or not?

Hello, guys!
Congratulations to those who got accepted already!

I have a question regarding UCI's post bacc program for non-science majors. Has anyone applied to that one?
There is not a lot of info about it online. I know UCI disadvantaged program accepted 8 people this year, but does it include Career-Changer post bacc or not?

No I believe it's only for people who have finished the majority of their science prereqs

So from what I understand only one person from this forum has received a second in person interview from UCD, correct?

I'm about ready to give up hope honestly. It's almost May and UCSF doesn't allow us to work if we're accepted. I'm thinking of just accepting this job offer I got and take classes concurrently at the Berkeley Extension. Has anyone who applied close to the deadline heard from UCSF yet?

I'm about ready to give up hope honestly. It's almost May and UCSF doesn't allow us to work if we're accepted. I'm thinking of just accepting this job offer I got and take classes concurrently at the Berkeley Extension. Has anyone who applied close to the deadline heard from UCSF yet?

I called UCSF today to ask about their interviewing process schedule. They said they started interviewing around mid-April and will continue to interview till May 24th. They will inform everyone about their status (either acceptance or rejection) by beginning of June. So, there's still hope. Don't give up yet!

I know for UCSF they require that you do not have a job/work throughout the program. Not sure about research/volunteer work.

I talked to some people who were and are in the program and from what I heard. It seems like there's a strict schedule you have to follow. Your counselor will let you know what you can do and cannot do. Seems like work is not an option unless you do really well on your MCAT. I heard one person out of everyone in last year cohort was able to have a research job because he/she did fantastic on his/her MCAT. Since this is a GPA enhancement program, their primary objective is to get you to do well in your classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if UCD rejects everyone at the same time or individually at different times?

Reactions: 2 users
I talked to some people who were and are in the program and from what I heard. It seems like there's a strict schedule you have to follow. Your counselor will let you know what you can do and cannot do. Seems like work is not an option unless you do really well on your MCAT. I heard one person out of everyone in last year cohort was able to have a research job because he/she did fantastic on his/her MCAT. Since this is a GPA enhancement program, their primary objective is to get you to do well in your classes.

Oh wow that's great to here. So it is possible to work at the same time. Because I'm pretty set on accepting a full-time research position and I did pretty okay on my MCAT. So hopefully they'll allow me to work. Though I have to get in first haha..

I JUST received a phone call for second interview with UCD! I'm so thankful that I'm teary! Forgive my dramaticness lol :'D

Reactions: 7 users