UC Post Baccs 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, Do you currently attend UCI or did you attend in the past?
the reason I ask is because from what I had understood regarding the UCI program is that it just involves upper division bio courses, if you have taken them already at UCI, would you get credit twice?

Finishing up my undergrad at UCI this June. Applied to the UC Consortium and got an interview at UCSF on May 5th. No phone calls or emails since then from any of the schools. We just wait....'till June 1st (for UCSF) and maybe until mid-June for the others.

All we can do is :xf: :luck:.

Members don't see this ad.

"Dear Applicant: On behalf of the Postbaccalaureate Program Admissions Committee at the UC Irvine School of Medicine, we would like to thank you for applying to the 2011-2012 Program. Your application has been carefully reviewed by the Committee, and regretfully, we must inform you that you were not selected for a position in the Program. This year we had a record number of applications. Unfortunately we could not accommodate all the applicants who have the desire and ability to succeed in the program. It is our sincere wish that you will be successful in achieving your goals. Sincerely, UC Irvine School of Medicine Office of Admissions & Outreach"

Well here come the UCI rejections today, I just got mine. Keep your head up everyone. :oops:

I got mine this morning too!! Its better to know!!! I got a Plan, so I'm not worried. Just need to move forward and know that you gave it a shot!! Knowing is better than not knowing at all. I wish the best of luck to everyone and maybe we all become amazing doctors one day! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I got my rejection letter from Irvine as well....Just waiting to hear back from UCSF UC SAN DIEGO AND UC DAVIS

That's exactly what I thought......just need to look ahead and make your own Post-Bac. I plan to not work and go to school full-time. My down fall is working and going to school. :(

Hi everyone,

I just received my acceptances today! So please try to keep your head up high if you're still waiting. I know the waiting process can be extremely nerve wrecking and discouraging (I'm speaking from experience ><) but really, you've done what you have to do, and there's no point of beating yourself over it at this point. I've learned that the hard way.

I've also canceled my UCSF interview, so hopefully someone will benefit from it. GOOD LUCK!

On a last note, thank you everyone on this forum who have shown support and encouragement. You guys helped me through this tough process, from applications to the interview. Thank you!!!!! :]

Hi everyone,

I just received my acceptances today! So please try to keep your head up high if you're still waiting. I know the waiting process can be extremely nerve wrecking and discouraging (I'm speaking from experience ><) but really, you've done what you have to do, and there's no point of beating yourself over it at this point. I've learned that the hard way.

I've also canceled my UCSF interview, so hopefully someone will benefit from it. GOOD LUCK!

On a last note, thank you everyone on this forum who have shown support and encouragement. You guys helped me through this tough process, from applications to the interview. Thank you!!!!! :]

Congrats!!! I hope you are happy with your acceptances!!! Who have you heard from?

Has anyone been accepted to UCI postbacc? what have you guys heard about the program?

Finishing up my undergrad at UCI this June. Applied to the UC Consortium and got an interview at UCSF on May 5th. No phone calls or emails since then from any of the schools. We just wait....'till June 1st (for UCSF) and maybe until mid-June for the others.

All we can do is :xf: :luck:.

Same case with me, except I went to another UC. For others who got interviewed at UCSF as 1st-time applicants (haha, this is me), did you guys get interview invites from the other UCs?

Good Luck to all of us =)

i'm such a n00b. i've never posted in a forum, so i'm not even too sure how this works. lol anyway, i've been reading the posts here for awhile but haven't posted until today.

i applied to the uc consortium as a re-applicant. my application wasn't marked as complete until may 16th. my application, transcripts, and 2 LORs had been received by may 6th, but my last letter made it in a little late.

i got the same rejection email as everyone else from uci this morning. i interviewed with ucla last week and was offered a spot in the program. now, the uc davis coordinator has called/emailed me to offer me an interview and i'm not sure whether i should go through with it. any advice?

Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted to UCI postbacc? what have you guys heard about the program?

I just heard from UCI... I got accepted into their program, but I'm still waiting for the other programs to release their decisions. I attend UCI and am graduating this spring, but I have heard wonderful things about the program. I know alot of the medical students, some who have been through their program, and the great experience is portrayed throughout each individual. You cant go wrong with UCI.

I'm actually wishing and praying for UC Davis to give me a holler. I haven't heard anything on here about UCD so if anybody knows anything, can you update us?

UC Davis is meeting on June 3rd to make final decisions. So you should have your answer that week, there pretty quick with giving out decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm such a n00b. i've never posted in a forum, so i'm not even too sure how this works. lol anyway, i've been reading the posts here for awhile but haven't posted until today.

i applied to the uc consortium as a re-applicant. my application wasn't marked as complete until may 16th. my application, transcripts, and 2 LORs had been received by may 6th, but my last letter made it in a little late.

i got the same rejection email as everyone else from uci this morning. i interviewed with ucla last week and was offered a spot in the program. now, the uc davis coordinator has called/emailed me to offer me an interview and i'm not sure whether i should go through with it. any advice?

I actually interviewed at Davis and have nothing but great things to say. I was also offered an interview at UCLA after Davis but declined. I think the difference is that Davis gives more support and is a little more organized than UCLA where you make most of the decision on your own and take courses through their extension program (that is what I've read on these boards from former UCLA post bacc alums DarknightX and Zippyh20). Both seem like great programs I just think it depends on what you are looking to get out of the program and what will work best for you :)

I actually interviewed at Davis and have nothing but great things to say. I was also offered an interview at UCLA after Davis but declined. I think the difference is that Davis gives more support and is a little more organized than UCLA where you make most of the decision on your own and take courses through their extension program (that is what I've read on these boards from former UCLA post bacc alums DarknightX and Zippyh20). Both seem like great programs I just think it depends on what you are looking to get out of the program and what will work best for you :)

Congrats on your interview with UCD!!! Have you heard back from them regarding their decision?

How does the UCI acceptance/rejection message come...is it through the email or phone or mailbox.

thanks caligirldoc! :)

Congrats on your interview with UCD!!! Have you heard back from them regarding their decision?

Thanks! Congrats on the UCI acceptance...very nice! I'm going to avoid answering your question at the moment until everyone gets notice :laugh: Did you interview at Davis as well?

Thanks! Congrats on the UCI acceptance...very nice! I'm going to avoid answering your question at the moment until everyone gets notice :laugh: Did you interview at Davis as well?

Thanks :) I'm assuming that's great news, so I will congratulate you :) I interviewed with UCD on April 28th and was called a week ago for additional questions. ( Not sure what that means in terms of my chances of getting into the program) So I will play the waiting game until I hear back from the rest of the programs

I am surprised that there are not a lot of applicants in this thread compared to last couple of years. :)

I got rejected from UCI on the same day you all that posted got rejected :-/. Are people still waiting to hear back for interviews, or is it just me that hasn't gotten any type of news from UCD, UCSD, or UCSF? Lol I just feel like just reject me now and save me the horror of waiting anymore. lol Part of me still has faith though so we will see. I just can't wait to hear the schools final decision so I can figure out what the next step is going to be.

Yea I got my rejection letter from Irvine as well....Just waiting to hear back from UCSF UC SAN DIEGO AND UC DAVIS

Did you have interviews with any of the other schools that you are waiting to hear from?

I got rejected from UCI on the same day you all that posted got rejected :-/. Are people still waiting to hear back for interviews, or is it just me that hasn't gotten any type of news from UCD, UCSD, or UCSF? Lol I just feel like just reject me now and save me the horror of waiting anymore. lol Part of me still has faith though so we will see. I just can't wait to hear the schools final decision so I can figure out what the next step is going to be.

Dont lose hope guys! Davis called this morning to offer an interview!!! They are still calling!!Good luck everyone!

So UCSF has sent out their acceptances today or earlier im guessing, I got put on their alternate list.

I'm trying to stay positive but I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket. I haven't had that good of an experience on alternate lists...is anyone considering going to CSU east bay or SF state for post bacc?

CONGRATS to those that have been accepted! :)

So UCSF has sent out their acceptances today or earlier im guessing, I got put on their alternate list.

I'm trying to stay positive but I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket. I haven't had that good of an experience on alternate lists...is anyone considering going to CSU east bay or SF state for post bacc?

CONGRATS to those that have been accepted! :)

Hey CitiPark. Is this through email?

I also heard from UCSF today and got accepted to the Fall Start program (no summer MCAT portion since I'm a reapplicant with an acceptable MCAT score). I interviewed last week and was surprised to hear back so soon. As of right now, I'm still on wait lists for medical school. Hoping to get off the waitlist soon so my spot can go to someone who can benefit from the awesome program!

I also heard from UCSF today and got accepted to the Fall Start program (no summer MCAT portion since I'm a reapplicant with an acceptable MCAT score). I interviewed last week and was surprised to hear back so soon. As of right now, I'm still on wait lists for medical school. Hoping to get off the waitlist soon so my spot can go to someone who can benefit from the awesome program!

Congratulations! Hopefully we both hear back something soon :xf:

Congrats CitiPark for getting on the Alternate List and Rubygem702 for getting in!

No news for me and I interviewed two weeks ago. Wonder how they are staggering their replies.

Last edited:
Congrats CitiPark for getting on the Alternate List and Rubygem702 for getting in!

No news for me and I interviewed two weeks ago. Wonder how they are staggering their replies.

Thank you apricot and citipark! I've been anxious about plans for next year if I don't get into med school this cycle and it is a relief that I finally have a solid option. I believe UCSF decisions go out today. Good luck to those still waiting!

Hello all,

I know this is for people applying, but does anyone know someone who has gone through the UCSF post bacc ? I have been able to get info from students from Davis and Irvine but none from SF?

I just want to get an honest opinion about how people felt about the UCSF post bacc as far as receiving support and guidance?

Thanks! and Good luck to everyone!

Hello all,

I know this is for people applying, but does anyone know someone who has gone through the UCSF post bacc ? I have been able to get info from students from Davis and Irvine but none from SF?

I just want to get an honest opinion about how people felt about the UCSF post bacc as far as receiving support and guidance?

You may want to look at past threads just google "ca Post bacc 2010" or previous years and you will find people who posted that they have been through the programs

Hello all,

During my interview at UCSF, I asked them about the cohesiveness of the class and support system offered. The program director said the group dynamic varies from class to class. Social and academic support activities are initiated by the students and not provided by the staff. Overall, it seems like the UCSF program is more self-directed and more flexible than UC Davis (I also interviewed there). For instance, at UCSF you have the option to work part-time since classes are usually held in the evenings (thru UC Berkeley Extension) although this is not recommended. The coordinator at UC Davis mentioned that students sign a contract to not work/volunteer during the academic year since the point of the program is to optimize your academic credentials. Also, classes are taken at the UC Davis undergraduate campus and by spring semester you can enroll in graduate courses taught by UCD medical school faculty (a huge plus for future LOR).

Ultimately, doing well in either program will greatly enhance your chances of getting into medical school. I think you should choose a program that best fits your needs.

I also have a friend who did the UCSF postbac program. She says she did well in her classes with relative ease (although it was when classes were taken at SF State) and currently attends Stanford medical school. Although I haven't gone through the UCSF program, hope this helps!

Last edited:
Also, I believe for those admitted to the full program, you'll need to commit full time to studying for the MCAT in the summer.

Last edited:
Hey there,
did everyone get their acceptances /rejections already?

Hey there,
did everyone get their acceptances /rejections already?

Got my UCSF rejection in the mail earlier this week. Unfortunately I haven't heard from any of the other schools (UCSD, UCI, UCD) at all, and haven't been invited to interview either so it's not looking too good for me.. I did email them a week or so ago to ask about interviews, and Irvine is the only school that hasn't replied. UCSD said they'll interview me for a spot if a significant amount of people drop out of the program before the 15th, and Davis only said that applicants will be contacted by late this month.

I know on Irvine's website it says that their program starts in July which is a bit later than the other programs. Does anyone know if Irvine is possibly still interviewing and whatnot because of this? Maybe that's why they haven't responded! *crosses fingers*

Thanks :) I'm assuming that's great news, so I will congratulate you :) I interviewed with UCD on April 28th and was called a week ago for additional questions. ( Not sure what that means in terms of my chances of getting into the program) So I will play the waiting game until I hear back from the rest of the programs

Hey, I'm on the same boat. Interviewed on May 19th and got a phone interview from Alicia last Wednesday... not sure what that means either.. She told me that UCD was having their committee meeting last week and we should hear back asap/this week but haven't heard back yet.. crossing my fingers. Good luck!

I really hope you get in :) I haven't heard back from UCD, but I will be attending UCSF's program. I spoke with Ms. Kirk at UCSD about two weeks ago and their program is full from what she told me. I'm not sure about UCI's program, I was accepted but withdrew from their program this past week (hope someone got called from the waitlist). UCI has a great program!!! Would have loved to come here, since UCI is my undergrad home, but its too close to home. Goodluck to everyone :) Also, I don't think its very fair that some of these programs don't give much info on their admission process. I mean really? Some of these programs start in two weeks and people haven't heard a thing yet. I think we just have to be proactive and keep e-mailing and calling :)

Hey, I'm on the same boat. Interviewed on May 19th and got a phone interview from Alicia last Wednesday... not sure what that means either.. She told me that UCD was having their committee meeting last week and we should hear back asap/this week but haven't heard back yet.. crossing my fingers. Good luck!

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me if there's any UC postbac that doesn't require california residency, or if any of those that do require applicants to be CA residents occasionally make exceptions... I really like some of these programs and I pretty much fit all of their other criteria (stats, URM, economically disadvantaged) except the residency thing...Any info on this will help as I'm looking to apply to some of those programs (in addition to Gtown, wake, creighton, MEDPATH, and Uconn).

I'm just starting to get into this whole process so please forgive me if my questions come off stupid...:)

Just got a call from UC Davis today. As a reapplicant, I got into the Track B Fall/Spring only program. Very honored but I think I will decline my spot. Good luck everyone!

Just got a call from UC Davis today. As a reapplicant, I got into the Track B Fall/Spring only program. Very honored but I think I will decline my spot. Good luck everyone!

What does this program mean? Is it a conditional acceptance?

CONGRATULATIONS! I really do hope you get off of the waitlist for medical school! :)

CONGRATULATIONS! I really do hope you get off of the waitlist for medical school! :)

Thanks for your good vibes!!

Wait, the UC postbacs have a conditional acceptance component? I thought they don't :eek:

No it's not a conditional acceptance. Some UC postbacs have restructured their program which means in addition to traditionally accepting students who take the summer MCAT portion + academic year, they also accept students who participate in only the academic year and don't take the summer MCAT portion (i.e. reapplicants with decent MCAT score).

Im so upset. How is it possible that i haven't heard anything about the programs? i got a rejection letter from UCSF but nothing else. not even a single email. when are rejections due? :oops:

I agree with Alexpostbac22, the commitee of the UC schools should at least, out of courtesy send out rejection letters to those who did not make it into the program this year..its almost the end of june and the program starts soon, that way, other students can start strategizing their other means of becoming qualified candidates for medical school. I also got rejected from UCSF after interview, and i understand that they had very limited seats (less than 10) this year...but I also want to congratulate the students who were accepted into the UC postbac, and wish you well in prep for med school.