UC COP Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbarth101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering who all else was applying to the University of Cincinnati's Pharmacy School. I'm from the area, but have been taking my pre-reqs at the University of Kentucky. Anyone else applying?

Members don't see this ad.

I plan to apply 3.05 GPA and 74 pcat. I also work at a pharmacy. We'll see

That's solid. I have a 3.23 GPA, 78 composite PCAT, and work in a pharmacy while also having other volunteer experience. I just interviewed at Union, and am near positive I will be accepted. However, being from Cincinnati it is my number 1. I just wish it didn't take until Dec. 3rd for them to open up their applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I totally agree. It's a great school. I did some undergrad there

May I ask about the prereq at UC.
Do they allow credits from TX? I just saw the curriculum for Kentucky, OK, and some states.

Thank you

May I ask about the prereq at UC.
Do they allow credits from TX? I just saw the curriculum for Kentucky, OK, and some states.

Thank you

Yeah, most of the curriculum at UC is the same at the University of Kentucky. I would assume that they would take credits from TX as long as it isn't a community college. All I know is that, while different from UK, UC requires you to have labs with your Anatomy and Physiology courses. I really, really hope I get in there.

Just sent in my supplemental and now my app is complete.

I applied. I'm really hoping to get in. It's the only school I applied to. 3.03 GPA. 85 composite PCAT. 95 Biology PCAT. 85 Chemistry PCAT. Please post here if you hear anything back.

I have applied to UC as well. I expect some will start getting interviews in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I have a 91 composite on the PCAT and a 3.8 GPA. I will let other students who have applied know about this thread.

Yeah, I wouldn't be totally shocked if people start hearing about interviews this coming Wednesday. I would hate for it to go next week, but that seems like it is a real possibility, as well. Please, post anything if you do hear about an interview.

I just got notice of my interview and had a pick of four different dates with several times for each day available. The dates are Jan 18 and 19 and Jan 25 and 26. Good luck everyone!

I just got notice of my interview and had a pick of four different dates with several times for each day available. The dates are Jan 18 and 19 and Jan 25 and 26. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! I also received an invitation to interview today. Best of Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite today also. Anyone with tips on how to prepare for the interview?

Are you currently a UC student?
I'm not an undergraduate from UC. I attend another public university in the state.

In terms of preparing for the interview, I would have responses to the most common questions and some situation-based questions. It is important to know why you want a career in pharmacy, what you have done to prepare yourself for the career, and what sets you apart from other applicants. I would also recommend having questions prepared that you can ask your interviewers.

People that are hearing back: will you please post your stats as well?

I already posted by stats above. But I am wondering if the people getting interviews at this point are the ones that are guaranteed an interview. It says on their website that if you have over a 3.5 GPA, a 70 or higher on the PCAT, and a C or better in the core required courses that you are guaranteed an interview.

Thanks guys for your tips. I would definitely check out the site. I've also been watching videos on YouTube.
My stats are: GPA 3.9... 84%

Just got my interview request today. The 18th can't come soon enough

My interview is on the 18th as well, at 1:30. What time is yours?

I got an interview invite on 12/27 and I'm scheduled for an interview on 1/19 @ 8:30 AM. GPA: 3.91 (Science GPA: 3.86), PCAT : 99. I'm currently completing a Bachelor's in chemistry. However, it seems like everybody else is a pharm tech with extensive experience...I've only volunteered a few times at a charitable pharmacy!

I got an interview invite on 12/27 and I'm scheduled for an interview on 1/19 @ 8:30 AM. GPA: 3.91 (Science GPA: 3.86), PCAT : 99. I'm currently completing a Bachelor's in chemistry. However, it seems like everybody else is a pharm tech with extensive experience...I've only volunteered a few times at a charitable pharmacy!

Trust me, you're in basically everywhere as long as you don't say anything really offensive in the interview

Invited for an interview today! 1/25 at 8:30 AM. Anyone that has already interviewed / will be before that have any recommendations on a hotel to stay in the night before that is close? IU is about 2 hours away so I am heading over Thursday night. I'd appreciate it and good luck!

Invited for an interview today! 1/25 at 8:30 AM. Anyone that has already interviewed / will be before that have any recommendations on a hotel to stay in the night before that is close? IU is about 2 hours away so I am heading over Thursday night. I'd appreciate it and good luck!

I don't know the downtown area well so I can't recommend a place to stay (I've only lived in the Cincinnati area for a year).

Can you post your stats? (GPA and PCAT) Thanks and good luck.

I had my interview today and it went quite well. I feel much better now that it is over. We were told that the first acceptance emails will be sent on Tuesday, for those who interviewed this weekend, but that if you don't hear, you might hear later. So no news isn't necessarily bad news. For all of you that complete your interview, please post here with comments about how it went and anything you found interesting or that might be helpful to others yet to interview. Thanks!

Interviewed today. It went well I think, and am definitely glad that I got it over with. The people are really just trying to get to know you as an individual, and aren't necessarily trying to "get" you. This may seem obvious to some, but not as obvious to others that have had interviews in the southern region of the U.S, but parents are not necessarily welcome to the interview. I happen to live in Cincinnati when I'm home from UK, but had I been traveling there I would have definitely brought my parents. Just didn't want anyone to be blindsided because I definitely would have.

I agree that the interviewers were very nice and friendly and just wanted to get to know us better. I liked that we had a sort of informational session right before the interview that helped us to get relaxed. We weren't just waiting around getting nervous. In hindsight, I'm very glad I had looked up common interview questions and had a chance beforehand to think of experiences that demonstrate how I wanted to answer. That seemed to help a lot and I would recommend it to anyone else who hasn't interviewed yet.

I interviewed Friday and got an email today offering me admission!! A packet will arrive in the mail in the next few days with more information. Has anyone else heard who interviewed last Friday or Saturday?

I am a current UC pharmacy student. My biggest suggestion for the interview is to be yourself. They are not trying to trip you up or grill you. They are really just trying to get to know you as a person. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to send me a message i will attempt to answer it. Good Luck to all of you! I remember when i was in your shoes.

I interviewed Friday and got an email today offering me admission!! A packet will arrive in the mail in the next few days with more information. Has anyone else heard who interviewed last Friday or Saturday?
Congrats!! You definitely merited it. I still have to be interviewed this weekend. I need so much good luck. And thanks for all your tips in this forum.

I interviewed on Friday as well and received an offer of admission today! I can't wait to get that package in the mail. My stats: 4.0 GPA and 97 Composite PCAT. I am also a current UC student. My interview went fairly well, but I got a lot of "tell me about a time when this happened and how you reacted" type questions, which I didn't think I was as strong with. Definitely review your essays as well. My interviewers had mine highlighted and pulled most of the questions from what they read.

Awesome! I interviewed Saturday and got my admission offer today and am really excited. Is UC your first choice?

I had my interview this morning and thought it went really well. Personally, my interview turned into more of a conversation rather than an interview it didn't seem like many questions were asked. We simply were talking more in group about various things so I think it went quite well, that is assuming that is a good thing. Good luck to everyone as the process continues.

Also, I thought the faculty was tremendous and really put the students first. They promoted that their doors are always open for students. Also UC is unique with its medical campus and that everything right there together and the ability to collaborate with other health professional students. Just some things that stood out to me.

I had my interview this morning and thought it went really well. Personally, my interview turned into more of a conversation rather than an interview it didn't seem like many questions were asked. We simply were talking more in group about various things so I think it went quite well, that is assuming that is a good thing. Good luck to everyone as the process continues.

That is good news about your interview. Mine was like that too and it bodes well for you. I interviewed on the 18th and got my acceptance email on the 23rd, so expect your acceptance email early next week! I agree that the staff is wonderful and the school just seems like a terrific place to be. I can't wait!

My email came around 11am. I'm sure it takes a few hours to get everything organized and get the emails sent. Let us know when you hear!

Okay thanks for the heads up. Really hoping for good news.

I had my interview yesterday. Lets just say that I bombed it. I don't think I have any hopes. I screwed up lots of the questions. Does anyone knows if the pCAT is good for another year?

I had my interview yesterday. Lets just say that I bombed it. I don't think I have any hopes. I screwed up lots of the questions. Does anyone knows if the pCAT is good for another year?

Yes, the PCAT is good for another year, at least at UC. It can't be more than 2 years old.

What kind of questions did they ask you? Did you get tongue-tied? I know it is hard not to be nervous! Most of the interviewers are really nice though and even if you feel you didn't do well, they may realize it was just nerves. Did they seem disappointed in you or is that just yourself speaking? I wouldn't give up hope yet. There are still lots of interviews to be done and decisions will be made into March at least.

They asked behavioral questions which I answered ok. But the very first question they asked I started rambling. My answer to it was in no way related to what they asked. Maybe there is still hope for me but I feel like I wasn't giving them the answer they were looking for n they had to pry it out of me. I really connected with one of them but u never know.

Well I still wouldn't give up hope yet. Try to be patient and wait and see. Good luck! Let us know if you hear anything.

I'm in! I interviewed on Friday the 25th and received my notification of admission this morning at 8am! Congrats to anyone else who received notifications today and I look forward to meeting all of you this summer as we prepare for our futures as pharmacists.

I received mine at 8:30. Congrats to everyone and don't give up hope if you haven't heard back just yet!