U. of Washington Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caroline Umi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice regarding interviewing, I have an interview in two days at the U. of Washington and I just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks so much!
Caroline

Members don't see this ad.

From last year, bring some q's for the after-lunch whole-group Q/A with the PD and cheifs to stand out. There's a tour in the afternooon- not required but probably useful/showing interest.

Other than that, Seattle is a gorgeous and regional focused city, so be sure you can explain, why Seattle? if you're from far away. There are a few different tracks (WAMI, PriCare, forget how these work exactly) so knowing which you're interested in or q's about the different programs will make you sound more prepared and interested.

Finally, allow a few min to fiind your way around the large, large med ctr (the AM meeting is on the edge of the med center) to get there on time. Good luck!

Dear Zoolander,
Firstly, thank you SOOOOOO much for your reply, I am a leaving for U of Washington day after tomorrow so I really appreciate your help!
Two questions:
What are some "good" questions to show interest?
and
What about Seattle would be a good reason to go to Seattle for training?
I am a UCLA student so could I say: My family is on the west coast or would this imply that I would rather go to a California school?
Any other tips on U Dub would be awesome but any tips on interviewing in general, its my first and I am totally scared!!! :0
Take care and Thank you again Zoolander,
Where are you training?
Carol

Members don't see this ad :)
Caroline Umi said:
Dear Zoolander,
Firstly, thank you SOOOOOO much for your reply, I am a leaving for U of Washington day after tomorrow so I really appreciate your help!
Two questions:
What are some "good" questions to show interest?
and
What about Seattle would be a good reason to go to Seattle for training?
I am a UCLA student so could I say: My family is on the west coast or would this imply that I would rather go to a California school?
Any other tips on U Dub would be awesome but any tips on interviewing in general, its my first and I am totally scared!!! :0
Take care and Thank you again Zoolander,
Where are you training?
Carol

Carol: Congrats on the interview! I am interviewing there in a couple of weeks, and I was wondering how things went for you....

Also, I received an email from UW asking me to send them a 'personal statement' about why I want to go to their program. I need to have this in by Nov 12, which is before I even visit them! Do they want to know that I am dying to devote my life to the people of Seattle? :confused: If that is not necessarily the case w/me, should I give my interview up to someone who is?

What is the schedule like for the u of washington interview? I've scheduled the interview, but have not received any info. Thanks!

TTT said:
What is the schedule like for the u of washington interview? I've scheduled the interview, but have not received any info. Thanks!

Hey, I interviewed there a few weeks ago. There are 7 half-hour interviews in either the morning or afternoon with a tour the other time. They're all very laid back.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! Also, what time do you end the interview day? I'm trying to look into plane tickets, but it's hard without knowing the schedule (I can't seem to reach u of washington by phone/email). :(

TTT said:
Thanks for the info! Also, what time do you end the interview day? I'm trying to look into plane tickets, but it's hard without knowing the schedule (I can't seem to reach u of washington by phone/email). :(

It depends on which group you're in. I was in the morning group and got done around 3. I think the afternoon group went until 4:30 or so. But then there's a get together with the residents after the interviews...

Are you emailing Sue Thomas? Her email address is [email protected].

Good luck!