U of Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Theres still a lot of time left until April 30!

Members don't see this ad.

I know there's still time..but since my interview was from February..it just seems too long to wait anymore...I just want to know:(!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my letter from iowa on april 1st and I interviewed on the first interview day. it is definitely not time to give up on being accepted!!! I know it sucks waiting!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Has anyone heard anything this week????????:confused::confused:

Okay, I am kind of working with the general assumption that I am not getting in. :( Assuming everyone goes into the interview equal, if we get rejected, can we then assume it's because we blew the interview. ie. Is the interview the deciding factor for Iowa?

As far as I am aware, they are still working their way through things. At the very end there will be another group of acceptees and a reserve group. You don't really know where you stand until the end. Most likely you'll get something in the next 2 weeks. I have my fingers crossed for you all! :)

well, another spot has opened up. I declined my acceptance today. I was accepted to a school closer to home, which means I don't have to move. Good luck all.

Okay, I am kind of working with the general assumption that I am not getting in. :( Assuming everyone goes into the interview equal, if we get rejected, can we then assume it's because we blew the interview. ie. Is the interview the deciding factor for Iowa?

I am starting to feel that way too......time to find a plan B

dont give up yet!!:eek:

Trust me it's easier for you to say that :) I'm just very anxious..and really tired of waiting..I'm not sure why it's taking them that long!! This is really slow man! I just want to know and move on..I'm already having negative thoughts now......................:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa is faster than many schools. And, they are still operating on the time frame they outlined at the beginning of the process. There is no reason to think anything but that you randomly didn't end up with an early application review.

As far as I am aware, they are still working their way through things. At the very end there will be another group of acceptees and a reserve group. You don't really know where you stand until the end. Most likely you'll get something in the next 2 weeks. I have my fingers crossed for you all! :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to stay optimistic, but it feels like April is passing me by. Hopefully I will at least get on the waitlist!

I am still looking for 2 roommates to share a 3 bedroom 2 bedroom house in coralville (about 2.5 miles from campus). I don't know the rent yet, but it will be pretty cheap. I am a 22 year old male, and I will be starting at UI COP this fall, so I would like to share the house with two other students who are starting pharmacy school at UI COP this fall as well.

I am still looking for 2 roommates to share a 3 bedroom 2 bedroom house in coralville (about 2.5 miles from campus). I don't know the rent yet, but it will be pretty cheap. I am a 22 year old male, and I will be starting at UI COP this fall, so I would like to share the house with two other students who are starting pharmacy school at UI COP this fall as well.

join the facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14304973199
and post there once ppl start joining, theres only 2 :(
hopefully well find some roommates then.

What's the deal??????? Has anyone heard anything this week???????

I am hoping that we all hear something in the next week or so. Even if it is rejection...so be it. I just want to at least know that I am being rejected so I can get on with my life. I was sort of hoping to at least get on the waitlist, but now I feel like maybe waiting indefinitely to hear something would suck even more.

I went to an info meeting last night and 5 of the 6 current applicants there were still waiting to hear. Jennifer told the group that they should plan on hearing by the end of April and not to call her about status unless that time period elapsed with no notice. So, if you are thinking about calling her, wait until May 1.

Think of it like the mail being expected between 12 and 1pm and it's like 12:43. There is no reason to think anything other than that the mailman just hasn't gotten to your house yet.

My friend got the acceptance letter last night. When does he expect to get the formal letter in mail? Will they tell you which pre-requisites you need to finish in summer?

My friend got the acceptance letter last night. When does he expect to get the formal letter in mail? Will they tell you which pre-requisites you need to finish in summer?

It said in the acceptance email to expect the letter in a few days. I'm sure it will address any courses that need to be taken.

Is Dean Kelly the only one sending out these acceptance emails? That's the only name I've been watching out for on my email.

Has anyone else heard anything yet? What are the odds that no one else on here is accepted? We've got like a week left in the month. This totally suck! I'm really getting depressed, I don't know about anyone else. :scared:

I'm with you man!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else heard anything yet? What are the odds that no one else on here is accepted? We've got like a week left in the month. This totally suck! I'm really getting depressed, I don't know about anyone else. :scared:

I'm soo stressed and anxious..and I'm actually getting sick..having a headache everyday..just thinking about..what will happen if I don't get in!!!
I just hope things go well..Although I'm anxious..and depressed..but I still have some hope..I hope things turn out the way we all want:oops:

Has anyone called the school or spoken to Jennifer Bertram lately to check on the status of applications? How many people have been accepted?

Has anyone called the school or spoken to Jennifer Bertram lately to check on the status of applications? How many people have been accepted?

Not me. There's only five days left in April (or six if you count today), so I think we should all be hearing something any day now. Although I kind of doubt that it would be good news at this point. :( There's always the waitlist though.

I spoke with someone on Wed. They said that they had admitted 100 students already, so they are deciding on the other spots (about 10) and waitlists in the last week. Good Luck everyone.

I spoke with someone on Wed. They said that they had admitted 100 students already, so they are deciding on the other spots (about 10) and waitlists in the last week. Good Luck everyone.

WHo did you talk to???

i also declined my acceptance, so hopefully that opens a spot for one of you guys! :)

DAM IT!!! I just got my rejection letter :( So guys, if any of you havent heard back yet, I doubt it's going to be good news when you do hear. I'm kind mad too, because I did REALLY well on my interview. It just seems to me that the interview doesnt really count that much. It's almost like they already know who they are going to accept before the interview... Why do they even interview you if they don't care about it? Just to take your money? lol

I guess I was kinda stupid for only applying to Iowa...

Well, IM NOT GIVING UP!!! NEVER!!!

I got my rejection letter this afternoon too. The bad news is in the air. Good luck to everyone else.

Did you get an email or a postage letter? I still havent heard anything yet.

I'm kind of far from Iowa so I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...I guess I'll start looking out for my letter (not like I haven't been already).

Oh man!!! This is really crazy! I'm scared now..This is the last week for decisions..Good luck to all of us who haven't heard anything yet!!:scared:

I haven't heard anything yet and I'm in Iowa:eek::eek: My mail doesn't come until 4pm!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Flipping out!!!!!!!!

No rejection letter today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to wait until tomorrow!!!!!