U of Hawaii - looks like new cards program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonfly99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just saw listed on a web site (job listings) that U of Hawaii appears to be recruiting for general cardiology fellows. I believe it was/is to start next year. I don't have specific info, but if you're looking for a spot for next year, you may want to contact them (not sure if they are/were listed in ERAS, as the posting on the jobs site on the internet made it look like this is a new fellowship program).

Members don't see this ad.

Program started this year. Took 2 fellows from in-house and was not in the match. From what I have heard they will be entering the match next year.

I tried to recruit a Chinese kid that was my med student when I was an intern. He's finishing up Cards in NYC. He'd fit in like a hand and glove. However, he has to stay local in NYC due to the wife.

Hawai'i is down 25% for doctors, and the average age is 52. There's going to be an even bigger hole year after year. However, when pay is 1/2 (or less) than one can earn on the mainland, it's a bit tough to get people out here.

Last edited: