U MD program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golgi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Univ. Maryland Program? Did anyone interview there or rotate there? Is it malignant, etc...? Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

It's definitely not at all malignant.

Yo, thanks for your response. I actually do have a couple more Q's if you don't mind....

Are the residents geniuses? Does the program only want kids from the Ivies or big schools?

More important are the faculty nice and approachable?

Thanks man and best of luck on the interview trail!

Members don't see this ad :)
...and the competition heats up once again :D . Anyone heard from the Icewomen lately? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

golgi said:
Yo, thanks for your response. I actually do have a couple more Q's if you don't mind....

Are the residents geniuses? Does the program only want kids from the Ivies or big schools?

The residents seem pretty smart, but it's hard to gauge how competitive they really were as applicants just form interacting with them. But they do get above average scores on those OKA test things or whatever they're called. They usually take one medical student per year from maryland, but I'm not sure where the rest of the residents went to med school. I think there are several californians there (UCSF, and I'm not sure where else).

golgi said:
More important are the faculty nice and approachable?

Thanks man and best of luck on the interview trail!

Most of them are very nice and approachable, and they seem very supportive of the residents.