Typo's on ERAS application....How bad is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CHINGIS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I just found out that i made spelling errors (3-5) on my ERAS application. How bad is it? Now the PD's won't even look at my application? Any of you guys made similar mistakes and got decent interviews? I am mad at my self for doing such a thing.......... and kicking my but....+pissed+ ......do I have a chance at all?

Members don't see this ad.

CHINGIS said:
Guys,
I just found out that i made spelling errors (3-5) on my ERAS application. How bad is it? Now the PD's won't even look at my application? Any of you guys made similar mistakes and got decent interviews? I am mad at my self for doing such a thing.......... and kicking my but....+pissed+ ......do I have a chance at all?

Well they'll have to look at your application to see the mistakes in the first place. I dont' think it's that big a deal. Only 3-5 typos?? that's nothing. . .

Just make sure that saline flush to your IV line says NaCl and NOT KCl!!!! Just kidding,,but typos...GL

APACHE3 said:
Just make sure that saline flush to your IV line says NaCl and NOT KCl!!!! Just kidding,,but typos...GL

I had a typo in the first line of my personal statement, which I saw the night before my first interview. I can't believe I did that, but what could I do? I got interviews at 21 of the 22 programs I applied to, so apparently some people were able to overlook it (or didn't catch it). Hopefully, they'll look at the entire picture.

Actually, one of my LOR had a typo and she WOULDN'T correct it, so I just retyped it and got her permission to signature print her name!! Really pissed me off. I wanted the school letterhead, but oh well!!! And the above poster got 21 interviews??? SO don't worry. GL

Look at it this way, now you have something funny and applicable to mention when every PD asks you, "What are three of your weaknesses?"

Thank you guys for the responces. I really appreciated. Well, so far got 3 interviews I guess they are looking at the whole picture. After I found out these typo's I was really mad at my self....... was just about to hang my self up. :D ...anyway i am over with it now. Thanks again guys. Best wishes!