TY at Cambridge Hospital and the Cambridge Health Alliance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fiji128

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know anything about this program that is not on their website? I recieved an interview, they didn't give me a choice of interview days, but it conflicts with another prelim, again they say I can't switch interview days as well, at a hospital that I might match at for Rad Onc. Basically I am thinking if I don't have a realistic chance at matching at this TY (I am not from Harvard or anyother top tier school) I figure I should cancel it and go to the other prelim interview. Anyone out there with info or thoughts? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They fill with Harvard kids. Its not a very cush TY anyway, so unless you really really need to be in Cambridge, there are much better (i.e. more chill) programs out there. I interviewed there last year, and I was struck by how great the faculty thought their program was. It was middle-of-the-road at best in terms of schedule and elective opportunities, and competitive purely based on location.

Don't go out of your way to make this interview happen. I interviewed at 8 TY's last year, and CHA was definitely in the bottom 2 or 3 in terms of schedule/workload.

Disclaimer: I'm assuming that you're looking for a cush TY, and not something more rigorous. If that were the case, you probably wouldn't be looking for a TY at all.