Tx MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WalkNFaith

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What resources are people using to prepare for the Texas MPJE? Please let me know as I am preparing for my exam with older materials like the 2010 review , Sarah Fichuk book and the 2015 supplement. Do you think one can rely on those or do I need more recent materials? Also has anyone used the quiz bank?

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting for my official application from nabp. + fingerprinting.
When are you taking tx mpje?
You are not using one of the law books?
How many days/weeks one should study??

any recommendations on books? I was looking at
1) Texas and Federal Pharmacy and Drug Law - 10th Edition (2016) Paperback – 2016
by Fred S. Brinkley Jr. (Author), Gary G. Cacciatore
Which was $179 ... kind of steep

OR 2)
Texas Pharmacy Laws and Regulations
Publisher: LexisNexis Publishing Solutions Government
Which is $46 ...

Do you guys think the 2nd one is enough to pass the exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet. I was planning to take the old mpje but looks like I might take it in summer. Texas requires one to take a class if one fails mpje? Freaking out here. I have the first book. Second one seems like it's hard to get, the hard copy.

TX MPJE can be confusing with the english language. I studied the DEA manual directly from the TSBP website FIRST - that covers a good portion of questions. Then I read Fichuks book about 2 times - it is necessary to read 2 or more times to know distinctions. I read the APHA chapter on federal pharmacy - All this is only 50% of the exam, the remaining 50% is " what would a pharmacist with sound professional judgement do ? " -- use that approach to tackle any questions you are stumped on. I have never stepped into an american pharmacy but have worked as a pharmacist for 8 yrs in canada which is why I cleared MPJE with ease. NAPLEX however defeated me with its onc/hiv/hepC and biostats !! My conclusion about NAPLEX is - it doesnt test the practical everyday situations a pharmacist goes through - there is a big difference between a hospital pharmacist and retail pharmacist and NAPLEX is more of a test for hospital pharmacists - NAPLEX throws many very easy questions, and many very hard questions. MPJE however will feel like u didnt get even 20 questions right because it is hard to know what the right answer is when the question is of an ethical nature... you should chose the answer that causes least harm ! Hope this blurb helps.

Anybody have a good source for ACTUALY PRACTICE QUESTIONS????

I only have 50 in the back of the Ultimate Texas MPJE Review Guide and a week until my test!

Please help!

Hi Guys,

What resources are people using to prepare for the Texas MPJE? Please let me know as I am preparing for my exam with older materials like the 2010 review , Sarah Fichuk book and the 2015 supplement. Do you think one can rely on those or do I need more recent materials? Also has anyone used the quiz bank?

Why on earth would you use a 6 year old book? Take the test seriously and pony up the money for current material. You're setting yourself up to fail.

Hi all,
I studied for the Texas exam using :
1. pass the texas pharmacy law exam by Fichuk
2. The Guide to Texas and Federal Pharmacy and drug Law - 7th edition
3. The Compenduim lectures

I passed with flying colors.... Let me know anyone needs any of these resources.
Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,
I studied for the Texas exam using :
1. pass the texas pharmacy law exam by Fichuk
2. The Guide to Texas and Federal Pharmacy and drug Law - 7th edition
3. The Compenduim lectures

I passed with flying colors.... Let me know anyone needs any of these resources.
Best of luck.

I am trying to look for study materials for TX mpje: where can I find that 3rd resource (Compenduim lectures)? any suggestion to study for the exam are appreciate. my email is [email protected]

thank you

Reactions: 1 user