Two Questions About Toothpastes and Mouthwashes (Dental Hygine)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anishannayya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, I am not asking for dental advice, I am just looking to start an informed discussion.

With that said:

1. Do we really need to use mouthwash?
2. Is there really a difference between regular ADA approved toothpastes and the "pro" lines of toothpaste? (Some examples would be Colgate ProClinical or Crest ProHealth versus their regular total care toothpastes.)

Imagine that the scenario involves an individual who brushes twice a day with regular toothpaste and an electronic toothbrush and flosses in the evening. Would there be a true difference in the prevention of dental-related disease if he started using mouthwash and a "pro" line of toothpaste?

Just realized, that dentists might be out of business if everyone actually took care of their teeth as well as 'scenario guy'. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, I am not asking for dental advice, I am just looking to start an informed discussion.

With that said:

1. Do we really need to use mouthwash?
2. Is there really a difference between regular ADA approved toothpastes and the "pro" lines of toothpaste? (Some examples would be Colgate ProClinical or Crest ProHealth versus their regular total care toothpastes.)

Imagine that the scenario involves an individual who brushes twice a day with regular toothpaste and an electronic toothbrush and flosses in the evening. Would there be a true difference in the prevention of dental-related disease if he started using mouthwash and a "pro" line of toothpaste?

Just realized, that dentists might be out of business if everyone actually took care of their teeth as well as 'scenario guy'. :laugh:

1. No you dont need mouthwash. You really don't need toothpaste or a toothbrush. Just use your finger.

2. There is a difference. Never buy anything ADA as it has been proven to be a gimmick. Only use the "pro" lines as they have been more thoroughly tested by independent groups along with approval by highly trained foreign dentist from India.

1. No you dont need mouthwash. You really don't need toothpaste or a toothbrush. Just use your finger.

2. There is a difference. Never buy anything ADA as it has been proven to be a gimmick. Only use the "pro" lines as they have been more thoroughly tested by independent groups along with approval by highly trained foreign dentist from India.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, simply don't say anything. Sarcasm only works when it is funny.

Members don't see this ad :)
From my experience,choyce of dental care depends on the patient's health. If a person is young and healthy, saliva flow is good , then brushing and flossing using anything will be enough.If I see a person with dry mouth or periodontal desease, I recommend antibacterial tooth paste and alcohol free mouthwash.

Status
Not open for further replies.