Tutoring student who is taking the MCAT 1-2 years out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringDoc169

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am tutoring a student online who won't be taking the MCAT until 1 - 2 years. The student is a current senior in high school and wants to start preparing for the MCAT. I am wondering if anyone had suggestions on lesson plans I can do for this student. We are meeting about 2-3 times per week for 1-2 hours. I am planning on taking it slow and basically go through little by little the basics of all the subjects first and then go into passages as time goes on.

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I am tutoring a student online who won't be taking the MCAT until 1 - 2 years. The student is a current senior in high school and wants to start preparing for the MCAT. I am wondering if anyone had suggestions on lesson plans I can do for this student. We are meeting about 2-3 times per week for 1-2 hours. I am planning on taking it slow and basically go through little by little the basics of all the subjects first and then go into passages as time goes on.

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you!
They should just learn the prereq classes very well

Reactions: 1 user
Have them focus on building a strong scientific foundation and strengthen their reading comp. Too early to actually start prepping for MCAT, but they can certainly prep for the prep.

Reactions: 1 user