Tulane vs Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CascadingWaterfalls

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tulane

Pros
  • True P/F
  • Systems based teaching from first year
  • More research opportunities
Cons
  • Cost of living is more expensive than Omaha
  • Probably more prone to natural disasters

Creighton
Pros
  • Can spend M3-M4 in Phoenix (associated with Barrow institute) + diverse clinical sites
  • Cost of living is cheaper than NOLA
Cons
  • Don't like the idea of living in 'Nebraska'
  • Is HP/P/F format so not true pass/fail
Honestly I'm having the worst time trying to decide between the two because they both cost about the same (expensive) and each have their own pros/cons. Students at both schools seem to love their school. Help?!!?

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane

Pros
  • True P/F
  • Systems based teaching from first year
  • More research opportunities
Cons
  • Cost of living is more expensive than Omaha
  • Probably more prone to natural disasters

Creighton
Pros
  • Can spend M3-M4 in Phoenix (associated with Barrow institute) + diverse clinical sites
  • Cost of living is cheaper than NOLA
Cons
  • Don't like the idea of living in 'Nebraska'
  • Is HP/P/F format so not true pass/fail
Honestly I'm having the worst time trying to decide between the two because they both cost about the same (expensive) and each have their own pros/cons. Students at both schools seem to love their school. Help?!!?

I think Tulane is sounds better overall for you- there isn't that much of a difference in tuition, it sounds like you would enjoy living there more and the curriculum sounds more collaborative

Also at Creighton you are not guaranteed M3-M4 in Phoenix. I think you can request it but only 40 per class go. If you aren't a fan of Nebraska I'd take some time to think about it

This is just what I gathered from the school when I interviewed. Take it with a grain of salt and good luck making your decision!

Reactions: 1 user
Cost of living in NOLA is actually not bad and housing (which is by far the biggest chunk) is very reasonable. COL is usually a pretty small difference between schools and dependent on your choices more than anything else (i.e. eating out everyday, size of apartment). If you look at the living allowance in the Cost of Attendance for Tulane and Creighton, Creighton's is actually higher. (14,966 vs 16,200). Tulane has more budgeted for transportation, which makes it about even. My point more is that COL is not really going to make any significant financial difference here (maybe a few thousand over the course of 4 years).

If you are happier with the academic and research opportunities at Tulane and happier with the idea of spending 4 years in NOLA, I'd go with Tulane. If there's a hurricane warning, heed the warning.

Reactions: 1 user
I think Tulane is sounds better overall for you- there isn't that much of a difference in tuition, it sounds like you would enjoy living there more and the curriculum sounds more collaborative

Also at Creighton you are not guaranteed M3-M4 in Phoenix. I think you can request it but only 40 per class go. If you aren't a fan of Nebraska I'd take some time to think about it

This is just what I gathered from the school when I interviewed. Take it with a grain of salt and good luck making your decision!

Yeah, I had received Phoenix placement which is why I was contemplating lol